• ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Do want.

Specs?

OAL 21.00" Stock Extended/ 17.75" OAL Stock Collapsed

Nodak Spud XME16 Partial Fence Lower Receiver (Form 1 SBR)
    Magpul MBUS Pro Sight Set
    Gear Sector Hand Stop
    MFT React Short Vertical Grip (Shortened to blend with the Hand Stop)
    YHM Spectre 9.675" Lightweight Free Float Rail (Chopped and Faced)
    ADCO 4.5” Barrel 13.5x1 Left Hand Threads
    CMMG MK9 Ramped 9mm Bolt (Works with Standard AR15 Hammers)
    RRA 9mm Upper Receiver
    Ranier Arms Raptor Charging Handle
    HK 4 Prong 13.5x1 Left Hand Flash Hider (Not Shown)
    13.5x1 LH Thread Protector
    Attach Clearing Rod (Not Shown)
    Magpul MS2 Sling (Not Shown)
    Heavy Buffers U9 UCIW 9mm 8.5 oz Buffer
    Hahn TOP Loader 9mm Adaptor without BHO
    Colt 9mm Bolt Catch
    DPMS Lower Parts Kit w/o FCG
    Gieselle SSA-E Trigger
    Magpul MOE K2 Pistol Grip
    SBR and 9mm Engraving
    Superior Shooting Solutions Rifle Length Flat Wire CS Buffer Spring
    Double Star Dual Sling Plate
    UCIW LWRC Stock
    Noveske STS 60 Degree Ambi Safety
    Throated Barrel
    Polished Bolt Tail
    Polish Bolt Underside
    Tuned Extractor
    Cut and Polished 9mm Adaptor Ramps
    Bedded Barrel to Receiver
    Trued Receiver Face
    Polished Hammer Face

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    OAL 21.00" Stock Extended/ 17.75" OAL Stock Collapsed

Nodak Spud XME16 Partial Fence Lower Receiver (Form 1 SBR)
    Magpul MBUS Pro Sight Set
    Gear Sector Hand Stop
    MFT React Short Vertical Grip (Shortened to blend with the Hand Stop)
    YHM Spectre 9.675" Lightweight Free Float Rail (Chopped and Faced)
    ADCO 4.5” Barrel 13.5x1 Left Hand Threads
    CMMG MK9 Ramped 9mm Bolt (Works with Standard AR15 Hammers)
    RRA 9mm Upper Receiver
    Ranier Arms Raptor Charging Handle
    HK 4 Prong 13.5x1 Left Hand Flash Hider (Not Shown)
    13.5x1 LH Thread Protector
    Attach Clearing Rod (Not Shown)
    Magpul MS2 Sling (Not Shown)
    Heavy Buffers U9 UCIW 9mm 8.5 oz Buffer
    Hahn TOP Loader 9mm Adaptor without BHO
    Colt 9mm Bolt Catch
    DPMS Lower Parts Kit w/o FCG
    Gieselle SSA-E Trigger
    Magpul MOE K2 Pistol Grip
    SBR and 9mm Engraving
    Superior Shooting Solutions Rifle Length Flat Wire CS Buffer Spring
    Double Star Dual Sling Plate
    UCIW LWRC Stock
    Noveske STS 60 Degree Ambi Safety
    Throated Barrel
    Polished Bolt Tail
    Polish Bolt Underside
    Tuned Extractor
    Cut and Polished 9mm Adaptor Ramps
    Bedded Barrel to Receiver
    Trued Receiver Face
    Polished Hammer Face

With such a short 9mm barrel why not just SBR a glock? It just seems kind of pointless. Why would you want this is kind of build?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    With such a short 9mm barrel why not just SBR a glock? It just seems kind of pointless. Why would you want this is kind of build?

Because a SBR glock with a stock has an offline bore axis which causes more recoil and when a Glock is stocked and suppressed the suppressor and booster actually cause the weapon to move off target more and can cause the suppressor to shoot loose. Watch a suppressed SBR glock being shot if you don't believe me. Its violent.

A fixed barrel AR is always going to be more accurate and the sights on this wont cycle like on a glock.

I can also remove the upper, conversion block and be back to 5.56 or .300 in 30 seconds. Cant do that with a Glock SBR. Oh and a pre 86 RDIAS is available for this, not so much for the glock.

Oh and Merica too.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Because a SBR glock with a stock has an offline bore axis which causes more recoil and when a Glock is stocked and suppressed the suppressor and booster actually cause the weapon to move off target more and can cause the suppressor to shoot loose. Watch a suppressed SBR glock being shot if you don't believe me. Its violent.
    As someone who owns a Glock SBR and has some range time behind it, I've got a couple comments. Glock-in-a-stock setups that use a chassis have no appreciable recoil - which makes sense, given that they're not direct blow-back and do have in-line recoil. The real issue I've seen is getting the gun 100% stable in the chassis. The KPOS G2 chassis has a tendency towards vertical stringing unless you customize the fit slightly. Obviously, suppressing it is going to increase kick-back - but this is going to be the same case in an AR, too. You just notice it less because it's so much heavier.

Speaking of which, let's remember that weight difference, too. The Colt 9mm SMG is like 2lbs more than a comparable Glock setup, and can't be folded up to as small a package. My 9mm AR SBR and my Glock SBR have somewhat similar ballistics, but very different feels.

A fixed barrel AR is always going to be more accurate and the sights on this wont cycle like on a glock.
    You're kind of describing a worse-case scenario here where you're using a bottom-insert stock rather than a real chassis. I use Troy Micros and a Micro clone on mine, and they're not moving anywhere.

I agree that a Glock with a plug-in stock is not a particularly good substitute for a real 9mm AR setup, but we've advanced somewhat beyond where the plug-in stock is state of the art.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I was referring to the stocks that attach to the bottom of a glock grip. I also have experience with the kits you are referring to as well and have not found them to be something I would want to own. I explained my reasons.

Perhaps we should do a pic thread with a poll with my gun vs yours and bobthefishers so we can measure our manhood.

I posted my pics and my reasoning behind my choice. I'm done with the stupidity and the discussion.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I guess I just have an adverse reaction to posts that slag otherwise-reasonable setups based on strawmen. *shrugs* FWIW, I like your gun for what it is.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The real question is why an NS XM16E1 Lower?

Because it is also a 605 clone when I convert it to 5.56.

FYI, I will also be using a 8.2" .300 BLK Upper, 4.5" .22 Upper, AR57 6" Upper, 20: DMR Upper, and a 13.7" 5.56 Noveske Upper on this lower and my other 2 AR15 SBR Lowers.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Because it is also a 605 clone when I convert it to 5.56.

FYI, I will also be using a 8.2" .300 BLK Upper, 4.5" .22 Upper, AR57 6" Upper, 20: DMR Upper, and a 13.7" 5.56 Noveske Upper on this lower and my other 2 AR15 SBR Lowers.

I guess you strip the lower to get back the full stock and traditional grips/selector...etc. I don't know I see that one, but I guess it works. I just hope you have every variation noted in your superfluously paperwork! ;)

Perhaps we should do a pic thread with a poll with my gun vs yours and bobthefishers so we can measure our manhood.

Unless the Selector has three positions, the measurement it going to come up short! :P

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I guess you strip the lower to get back the full stock and traditional grips/selector...etc. I don't know I see that one, but I guess it works. I just hope you have every variation noted in your superfluously paperwork! ;)

Unless the Selector has three positions, the measurement it going to come up short! :P

That stock works on all of those setups. Not sure what you are talking about with the selector, once I get a DIAS it gets a SSF Trigger Group.

And yes I have the alternate calibers, barrel lengths and OAL's documented with BATFE. One letter and it was done.

So Bobthefisher has a G18 because that's what the topic is about, having a Glock conversion is somehow more practical than my version.

Good try all 3 of you though. I expect as much from you. Its always humorous when someone tries to school me on a setup when your post shows you don't understand the system you are opining on.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    That stock works on all of those setups. Not sure what you are talking about with the selector, once I get a DIAS it gets a SSF Trigger Group.

You said for your 605 Clone. Well a Colt 605 does not have a collapsible stock or modern grips/selector...etc. I just thought when you said the 605, that you would be swapping it back to look like a historically as accurate as possible gun? Otherwise why the XM16E1 lower? Most people skip the detail on the receiver, not the other way around. Yes of course the parts will work, was not saying that. Just not historically accurate? If not going for historically accurate, why bother with a XM16E1 Lower... thats the uncommon thing to see.

So Bobthefisher has a G18 because that's what the topic is about, having a Glock conversion is somehow more practical than my version.

Good try all 3 of you though. I expect as much from you. Its always humorous when someone tries to school me on a setup when your post shows you don't understand the system you are opining on.

Well... as much as I hate to admit it, I am with you on this one! ;) I think the Glock conversions are a waste. I don't really like Glocks to begin with, even if they are good guns. I don't own one and don't plan to. SBRing a Glock seems like a total waste to me however I am keeping an open mind to it if by some miracle I like these conversions when I shoot one. However semi auto SMGs don't do much for me. I had a semi SBR MP40 and a Tommy gun... both got sold. If you look back at my comments, you will see I am no SBR Glock supporter. To me the Glock conversions seem like one of those things that looks great on paper but does not work in real life. As I pointed out on the last page, stocking a pistol happened long ago but they stopped doing it for a reason. Machine pistols like the Skorpion, Mac, Mini and Micro Uzi....etc. never caught on big either. There is a reason for that.

Actually, with my M16 in transfer, a 9mm Converison for it will be coming up in my future. So I will be heading down the same road. With your DIAS, it should be a cool gun and beat the hell out of any Glock Frankenstein gun! I will do the same, with probably a longer (maybe double the length) barrel.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I call you out on downplaying Glock SBRs as a viable alternative, you don't really respond and get pissy, and now you're a hero? I knew exactly what I was talking about, thanks. I don't need to be a gunsmith to have a viable and knowledgeable opinion on guns. I will agree that the RDIAS aspect is certainly a point in favor of the AR, but that was never mentioned in the specs.

You have a nice gun. Other people can debate aspects of guns. This does not make your gun any less nice. Maybe try to be nice to people instead of shitting on them like an arrogant *******. It takes just as much effort, but wins you way more friends. People notice how you behave here; real life intersects.

Maybe we should just agree to disagree.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom