My 14.5" light weight barrel

Attachments

• IMG-0285.jpg
      IMG-0285.jpg
      76.6 KB · Views: 612

solarpower44

Feb 2, 2016
    Glenelg MD
    Very nice. :thumbsup: Now you just need the M249 pistol grip to complete the upgraded look. Who installed the sear?

I have a saw grip. Here it is. One on the earlier picture is with a ak5 textured grip

I don’t know who installed the three round burst kit. I got the rifle last year.

Attachments

• 2E22E26A-9419-4B50-B885-698D447D4038.jpeg
      2E22E26A-9419-4B50-B885-698D447D4038.jpeg
      60.3 KB · Views: 438

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I go to the machine gun nest since I live in west Howard county

The MD-TCA shots at AGC. Its a short ride from Glenelg up 70 to Marriotsville Rd. We have 50, 100, & 200 yds shoots. You should check out one of our shoots. We had a shoot yesterday with a dozen full autos on the line.

Our annual Machine Gun Show is scheduled for 3/29 at AGC. There will be about 200 machine guns on display. There will be a full auto shoot that day after the show.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    The MD-TCA shots at AGC. Its a short ride from Glenelg up 70 to Marriotsville Rd. We have 50, 100, & 200 yds shoots. You should check out one of our shoots. We had a shoot yesterday with a dozen full autos on the line.

Our annual Machine Gun Show is scheduled for 3/29 at AGC. There will be about 200 machine guns on display. There will be a full auto shoot that day after the show.

You dont let other folks shoot your stuff do you?

solarpower44

Feb 2, 2016
    Glenelg MD

That sounds cool. I’d be sure to check it out. I assume I can find more info on your machine gun club site..
    I had a membership at AGC before.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    De Lisle Carbine. Finally rec'd from builder to dealer, papers submitted. Now wait until next spring . . .

It's integrally suppressed, built on an Enfield action, .45acp, ported Thompson barrel, accepts 1911 magazines, heavy, extremely quiet (so I'm told [sigh]) and generally useless, unless you need to take out a sentry or something. Originated in England during WWII; this one is somewhat improved construction-wise. Original didn't take 1911 mags.

Attachments

• De Lisle 1.jpg
      De Lisle 1.jpg
      15 KB · Views: 413

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    De Lisle Carbine. Finally rec'd from builder to dealer, papers submitted. Now wait until next spring . . .

It's integrally suppressed, built on an Enfield action, .45acp, ported Thompson barrel, accepts 1911 magazines, heavy, extremely quiet (so I'm told [sigh]) and generally useless, unless you need to take out a sentry or something. Originated in England during WWII; this one is somewhat improved construction-wise. Original didn't take 1911 mags.

Light at the end of the tunnel Bob! :fingerscrossed:

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region

Very cool! :thumbsup: I've always been intrigued by these guns, but have never actually seen or fired one.

Who built the gun? Did they go with a modern angled baffle stack or the original De Lisle design of straight vertical baffles?

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

OMG, can't wait to hear a range report. I plan to build a bolt gun with a huge can like that in .44 Magnum in the relatively near future.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Here's an old quote (2012) by the guy who built it (Richard Brengman, Special Interest Arms (SIA), Nevada):
    Completed and fired one of my De Lisle near-Replica's!

Very quiet, maybe even as quite as the original, the internals and tube are virtually identical.
    Only the magazine adapter and full length bolt are different.
    Unlike originals this one has fed and ejected every round.

Oh, and yes, I DID put the insert in the bolt handle!

He has taken down his website and had stopped production a while ago. Mine is one of the very last ones he made. I'm ashamed to acknowledge that I have no real idea of the internals; I just knew it HAD to be my first NFA item.

Well, that started back in 2017, and has dragged on interminably as the builder went through a series of rotten times; disease,
    losing shop lease, tired of hassling with BATF, slow deliveries got him a load of grief from the usual gotta-have-it-now crowd. He wanted to sell me a parts kit to have another SOT build it, as he decided to dump his license rather than spend the bucks to renew it, especially as he had decided to stop building.

I more or less begged him to finish my build himself; after all, he was the designer of this particular iteration, and it seemed right to me. I ended up paying for the parts kit, bought an Enfield off GB and had it sent straight to him under his FFL, and waited.

Anyone who wants to get into NFA learns how to wait.

Finally it was done; he had a buddy who has an SOT ship it to A1, and here it is. Only, not quite yet, right?

I think the "insert" he's talking about above is a piece of Delrin to muffle the sound of the bolt being retracted, which is presumably louder that the weapon discharge. We'll see, someday . . .

All y'all are welcome to get some range time with it, assuming we're all still alive by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom