• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Yeah Roc, I'd like to try it out. I do like being able to swap stuff out, especially for the boy as he grows. Maybe a .223 or something at first for deer, then move him on up lol. I like the idea for the muzzleloader too. I need a more modern one anyways. I might be the only person I know that doesnt have an inline lol

You can get a .243 barrel for him, they dont recoil much at all. The barrels swap out in literally 2 minutes.

The do make 12 gauge barrels, even a rifled slug barrel. I think they have other guage shotgun barrels. If you go on T/C website - the should indicate the barrels they offer.

www.tcarms.com

There are ALOT of custom barrel makers for T/Cs. You can get brakes, fluting, octagon barrels, you name it.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Marlin Camp guns are great.

After having one sit in the safe for years, I pulled it out and found that the recoil buffer had decayed and needs to be replaced. It was a cheap and simple fix for about ten bucks. This is a very common problem with these guns.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    The Encore is not just a pistol. It is also a rifle, shotgun, muzzloader. They make lots of rifle barrels for those.From rimfire to 460 Rigby. You can get them with sights, or scope them. Heavy barrel contour, or standard. Lots of stock and forearm options too. If you want to shoot one in rifle form, I'll bring my 22-250 version to the range, and you can try it out. They are very easy to load, and operate.

The pic below is my Encore in rifle form (on the bottom below that retarded Browning BAR).

I wouldnt knock the BAR and similar semi's. This is my Pimptacticular Rem 7400 I have the 10rnders and a couple of modded BAR mags. The group is 1" high at 100yds

Attachments

• Rem MG.jpg
      Rem MG.jpg
      148.8 KB · Views: 112
    • Rem rear sight.jpg
      Rem rear sight.jpg
      60.6 KB · Views: 121
    • Rem front sight.jpg
      Rem front sight.jpg
      48.3 KB · Views: 113
    • rem 100yd group.jpg
      rem 100yd group.jpg
      24.6 KB · Views: 114

chad2

Mar 26, 2011
    Ok sense you already have an ar look into the Mossberg mvp it is a bolt action heavy barrel rifle that use ar mags pretty cool, pluses on this is you already have mags for it and you may already have ammo for it. The cx4 is also a great choice but I would get it in 9mm because 9mm is the second cheapest ammo you can find the first is 10/22. So it means lots of shooting. Which is what I like doing

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Anyone have any suggestions on what I would most likely like and find fun to shoot? Have traditional deer hunting rifles, 10/22, basic shotguns and an AR. I love the AR, as its fun to shoot. I'd like something I can get ammo for pretty easily also, if thats possible these days. I'd also like something that isnt regulated too. Would an sks be ok for what I want it for? I'm not too familiar with many of the guns people here shoot, so I come to you all for any help youre willing to give.

I plan on other AR's or atleast uppers soon (450 bushmaster or 458 socom and either a 6.8 or 6.5 ), but want something now also.

Do you have one of these yet?
    IMG_8557_zpsbed7cfea.jpg
    [/IMG]
    If not there is no better time then the present.

Oh and they are pretty darn accurate too...
    IMAG0201.jpg
    [/IMG]
    This was the first 8 rounds out of the rifle after I got it at about 70 yards, I had never shot a Garand and I was honestly just trying to get an idea of where to set the sights. Wasn't trying to be really precise. When I walked up and saw the group I had a huge grin on my face. Kinda wish I had taken more time but I didn't realize it was grouping so well. The rest is history!

They are a great piece of history and a nice investment at the same time. They are fun to shoot, you can hunt with them, compete with them.

Oh yeah and the ping!

Let me know if you go this route I can help!

CanonShooter

Photographer
    Feb 29, 2012
    Anyone have any suggestions on what I would most likely like and find fun to shoot? Have traditional deer hunting rifles, 10/22, basic shotguns and an AR. I love the AR, as its fun to shoot. I'd like something I can get ammo for pretty easily also, if thats possible these days. I'd also like something that isnt regulated too. Would an sks be ok for what I want it for? I'm not too familiar with many of the guns people here shoot, so I come to you all for any help youre willing to give.

I plan on other AR's or atleast uppers soon (450 bushmaster or 458 socom and either a 6.8 or 6.5 ), but want something now also.

Just a Thought http://www.mgi-military.com/ I ordered the Lower today!

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Okay, where did you get the chasis/furniture for the 7400? I must have one.

The stock is a Knoxx Opsstock for an 870/1100 and the quadrail is an AIM quadrail for the 1100 as well. I wound up cutting and modding the rail. It was made to use the trigger pins and a barrel clamp which looked and felt like crap so I cut the one side off moved the whole thing back 4-5" and bored reliefs where the reciever is drilled and tapped. I set studs in the reciever shimmed the whole thing 40moa and bedded it the entire length of the reciever and used nuts and washers on top. Then I shaved the forend to fit snugly into the quad section and drilled and tapped the gas block and bolted it from each side. The FM scope has aquitted itself nicely after a few hundred 180gr 30-06 turning in 3/8moa groups and I can read liscense plates at 650yds and the focus wheel graduations are +-5yds at 450 GPS verified. The Mil Dot is first focal plane so I can use the grid no matter what power 10-40x I am using. The offset irons I made with threaded rod a few nuts and some 18ga sheetmetal. I am knocking around a cowitness offset red dot as well just because it is not heavy enough. So far I am about $800+- into it.

FlatsFlite

Aug 6, 2012
    King George, VA
    Thanks. I never realized the 7400, 870 and 1100 could use the same stock. I've been missing out.

Nice work. Although the rail work is probably too much for me, but I'm putting a sock and sybthetic fore arem on my list.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Thanks. I never realized the 7400, 870 and 1100 could use the same stock. I've been missing out.

Nice work. Although the rail work is probably too much for me, but I'm putting a sock and sybthetic fore arem on my list.

If all you want is a scope then there are plenty of mounts available. If you get one with the lightening cut you can still use the irons and a QD scope mount. When I had the see through rings and 8-24x I could get about 1 1/4moa.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    This would be my suggestion, a lightly used Polytech M14S, sporting a Bushnell HDMR scope, wrapped in a Troy MCS stock with a nice Gemtech QD suppressor on top. What a sweet shooting gun!

This is the definition of fun to shoot. I have shot it at an indoor range without hearing protection, yes, it's that quiet.

Attachments

• NFA M1A Troy MCS.jpg
      NFA M1A Troy MCS.jpg
      35.1 KB · Views: 49

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads