• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    Anyone have any suggestions on what I would most likely like and find fun to shoot? Have traditional deer hunting rifles, 10/22, basic shotguns and an AR. I love the AR, as its fun to shoot. I'd like something I can get ammo for pretty easily also, if thats possible these days. I'd also like something that isnt regulated too. Would an sks be ok for what I want it for? I'm not too familiar with many of the guns people here shoot, so I come to you all for any help youre willing to give.

I plan on other AR's or atleast uppers soon (450 bushmaster or 458 socom and either a 6.8 or 6.5 ), but want something now also.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    A pistol calibered carbine could be fun for a plinker or steel shooting gun. Pistol ammo prices wont hit you as bad as a bottleneck round.

The Beretta CX4 looks like a fun gun. You can accessorize it too! They come in 9mm, 40S&W, or 45ACP. They use Beretta PX4 mags. I believe there is a 30 round mag for them.

beretta45acp.jpg

Another one I wouldnt mind having is a Marlin Camp Carbine (Id get one in 45ACP!) They are no longer made, but they do pop up on Gunrbroker.com. They came in 9mm, and 45ACP.

The 45ACP version uses 1911 mags. They do make tacticool stocks for them too:

617182_01_marlin_camp_carbine_in_45acp_640.jpg

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    Really thinking on the circuit judge and cx4. The judges price is good. The cx, is kind of alot to take a chance on. On the judge, I know I could use the 410 if I wish for squirrel, or even for them for my son when he's old enough. I imagine the 45lc would be legal for deer? If so, thats another great thing.

The cx4...Im not familiar at all with handgun cartridges, so I am not too sure what their calibers are good for.

After this AR craze, I been searching hard for the uppers I mentioned. If I happen to find them within the next week or so, even used, I may pick them up sooner than later. Then save these options for tax time when I'm not so pushed to buy. You all know me, and my little collection, so I got to have more variety when I hit the range.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    The 45LC is not legal to hunt deer with in Maryland. It does not meet the muzzle energy in both pistol or rifle. The 45LC is about equal to a 45acp round. The 45LC was orginally a handgun round. That would rule that out for that purpose. The exception would a +p, but the gun would have to be rated to fire it safely.

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    You need a nice lever gun.

I had a old school lever action 30/30 growing up. It was an old one with the ring on the side. I "won" it from my dad way back in the early 80's in a checker game. Years later, I learned he let me win, and I really didnt win at all anyways. It was mine already lol. As a youngin, I was tickled though. Anyways, I gave him permission to get rid of it, and he did. Sure it has/had sentimental value, but looking at the big picture, all his are mine one day....God willing.

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    The 45LC is not legal to hunt deer with in Maryland. It does not meet the muzzle energy in both pistol or rifle. The 45LC is about equal to a 45acp round. The 45LC was orginally a handgun round. That would rule that out for that purpose. The exception would a +p, but the gun would have to be rated to fire it safely.

Hmmmm Thats a minus for that one, but price and fun-ness is still way up there lol. I imagine one shouldnt be so hard to get neither, in this buying frenzy. I just missed out on a highpoint 9mm carbine my cousin just sold. He also just sold a ruger auto rifle that looked dang near like a 10/22...I think it was a 44. He gave em both away in a bind I guess.

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    Roc, you are right, they make alot of tacticool stuff for that camp carbine!! They seem to have a nice following too. I'm gonna do some diggin around on this rifle. :thumbsup:

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    You could get a T/C Encore or Contender, and just buy barrels when you want another caliber- unless you have to have a repeater. I personally like the challenge of a single shot anyways.

Ive never owned or hadmuch interest in pistols/handguns. Dad loved his contender though. Spoke very highly of it. I gotta say though, after being hesitant and pushed ( lol ) into shooting some of the hooligans pistols, I kinda like it. I guess I didnt want to shoot something and end up wanting one. :o

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Ive never owned or hadmuch interest in pistols/handguns. Dad loved his contender though. Spoke very highly of it. I gotta say though, after being hesitant and pushed ( lol ) into shooting some of the hooligans pistols, I kinda like it. I guess I didnt want to shoot something and end up wanting one. :o

The Encore is not just a pistol. It is also a rifle, shotgun, muzzloader. They make lots of rifle barrels for those.From rimfire to 460 Rigby. You can get them with sights, or scope them. Heavy barrel contour, or standard. Lots of stock and forearm options too. If you want to shoot one in rifle form, I'll bring my 22-250 version to the range, and you can try it out. They are very easy to load, and operate.

The pic below is my Encore in rifle form (on the bottom below that retarded Browning BAR).

Attachments

• TCENCORERIFLE.jpg
      TCENCORERIFLE.jpg
      62.1 KB · Views: 473

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    Yeah Roc, I'd like to try it out. I do like being able to swap stuff out, especially for the boy as he grows. Maybe a .223 or something at first for deer, then move him on up lol. I like the idea for the muzzleloader too. I need a more modern one anyways. I might be the only person I know that doesnt have an inline lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom