• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I've gone through the same choices and have owned all three. I like the feel of the Glock in my hand and the ease of maintenance IMHO. I now own five but I carry the 27. That being said one of my best friend loves Sigs and another loves HK so it is like ice cream and they still make them in different flavors. At self defense distances there is little difference in accuracy.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Do you want striker fired like a Glock or DA/SA like the P30?

If you want a striker, you should be looking at he VP9. It is a stiker fired P30. If you want a DA/SA, you shouldn't be looking at the Glock.

You are currently comparing apples to oranges.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    Shoot first. Buy second.

Our opinions are just that.

My opinion is you probably can't go wrong with any of them.

If you're looking at the P30 and the G19, why then isn't the VP9 on your short list? I'm just sayin...

The VP 9 is not on my list because I have not heard of it (never looked at hk before yesterday very new to them) and there is a package deal being offered at my shop for the P30 with standard barrel, threaded barrel and raised suppressor night sights. All factory HK parts no aftermarket parts. Been researching and the factory raised sights are not even available for sale and the factory threaded barrel is almost $400 extra. At the price this package is being offered at is almost too good to turn down.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    Do you want striker fired like a Glock or DA/SA like the P30?

If you want a striker, you should be looking at he VP9. It is a stiker fired P30. If you want a DA/SA, you shouldn't be looking at the Glock.

You are currently comparing apples to oranges.

I know I am comparing apples to oranges lol thats why this is so hard I think.

And as far as striker fire vs DA/SA I really only have time behind striker fired guns. All DA/SA guns i have fired have never felt right. But I have never fired a high end DA/SA gun, I would assume there is a decent difference?

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    If you do end up getting a glock I suggest you get the G23 in .40S&W, that way you can have multi calibers on one frame.

Add a .357 sig barrel and magazines and you can shoot that caliber too.

Add a lone wolf conversion barrel and standard 9mm magazines and you can shoot 9mm out of it. I've put over 4000 rounds on 9mm through mine with no hiccups at all.

You can also add an Advantage Arms conversion kit with magazines, and have the ability to shoot .22lr. Those are a bit more finicky and do need regular cleaning, but do shoot well.

YMMV

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    If you can afford the Hk then buy the Hk. Its a great gun. Personally I love Hk handguns. That said I do own a Glock 19 its a fine gun as well. Basically the Glock vs the Hk is like do you want a Chevy or a Cadillac.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    If you can afford the Hk then buy the Hk. Its a great gun. Personally I love Hk handguns. That said I do own a Glock 19 its a fine gun as well. Basically the Glock vs the Hk is like do you want a Chevy or a Cadillac.

If we are comparing chevy to Cadillac I'm not buying either. :D

dendog

Mar 5, 2011
    Howard County
    I have almost never seen a used Glock 19 for sale. I have a 19 and know lots of people that have them. It is a great gun and people seem to always be very happy with them.

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    I have not shot any of these so i have no opinion on what you should buy. But i first hold the gun to see if like it feels in my hand. i then test drive gun before i buy. Price would be a factor for me. The only thing i would add is glock has a bigger following. So the 19 would have more parts an accesories available from more companys i would buy the 19 over the others

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I have almost never seen a used Glock 19 for sale. I have a 19 and know lots of people that have them. It is a great gun and people seem to always be very happy with them.

I've seen a lot of used G19s, just sayin'.......

Lou gets them all the time.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    The VP 9 is not on my list because I have not heard of it (never looked at hk before yesterday very new to them) and there is a package deal being offered at my shop for the P30 with standard barrel, threaded barrel and raised suppressor night sights. All factory HK parts no aftermarket parts. Been researching and the factory raised sights are not even available for sale and the factory threaded barrel is almost $400 extra. At the price this package is being offered at is almost too good to turn down.
    i would second the "if considering the G19, why not the VP9" sentiment... but the thing is, if the P30 is that much of a deal, then get that P30.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    i would second the "if considering the G19, why not the VP9" sentiment... but the thing is, if the P30 is that much of a deal, then get that P30.

I echo the VP9 sentiment. A GLOCK and a P30 are very different, whereas the VP9 is going to have a trigger like the GLOCK. Do you have a suppressor currently or KNOW that you'll have one later? I've noticed people like to pay for features...but then don't need them. A threaded P30 with tall sights and a can would be fun certainly, but I'd rather pickup a VP9 for $650 and use the rest for ammo.

Then again, I have a USP for host duty.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Why cheat yourself and not go and shoot each one of them first. There are several ranges that rent them for only $5 a piece. I would add the Walther PPQ in there though. Just about every review rates that trigger the best out of the box that you can get with a striker fired pistol. I love my Browning HP, but because it is more of a family airloom, and sentimental reasons, I would not want to use it for defense or any reason where it could get confiscated or taken for any amount of time. Test 4, 5 or 6 and then make your decision. If you don't get what you REALLY LIKE, you will regret it every time you shoot your new pistol. I will be trying the HK, PPQ and the polymer framed CZ75 model, P 09 I think. It is supposed to be modeled after the HP :-).

quattroginger

Feb 22, 2013
    im in similar boat but between VP9 and XDM. have to shoot them. no one has a VP9 to rent that i cant find but i have done tons of research over last 2 weeks and watched hours of videos on reviews. Also been to shop couple times to hold. i personally dont care about combo deals. if i like the striker fire better i'm going to buy striker fire. if i like DA/SA ill buy that. im new to guns and the glocks just dont sit comfortably in my hands. both the HK and SA did. im leaning towards the HK as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom