• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Tried going, but couldn't get halfway there due to traffic... turned around and came home.

For as little as I'm looking for, it just wasn't worth the hassle.

Where was the traffic issue? I was on 95 around 10am. I was going down to Bowie to pick up a little something...

Traffic was good coming back too.

Azwildcat

Mar 29, 2013
    No line for me when I got there at 11:20. Did not seem as crowded as previous shows. There was a lot of people but it was not packed.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Sounds like you had a great day! Hard to be disappointed with a haul like that.

Congrats!

Thanks man. I would have probably grabbed a few more things, but my backpack was full and couldn't carry anymore in my hands haha. I want to try out this scope and see how well it really does. I'm supposed to go shooting again before the end of the month. Just need to order 6.5 Grendel beforehand.

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    It was a satisfying trip. Light traffic, no drivers being jerks till the trip home. I need to plan better for lunch down there. Didn't decide to get a Tavor. Added a Savage .308 bolt action with a 24 inch fluted, threaded to my "considering" list and still looking for a muzzle brake for the REPR. I tried to have some restraint.

Finally got a vortex Sparc II for my shotgun. Picked some fat 50 cans. Not sure where I'm going to store them Last minute got two MRE's to try. Got a complement on my hat and Hawaiian shirt my third circuit round. a-BOO-yah.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Drove 62 miles south no problems. Got there 9:45 am. Left at 2:00 pm. I asked Trader Jerrys how many pistols he has on display He said 1500! Good show as always.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Met Bigfoot44 at the MSI table. Got a long lecture about getting a MD permit from the guy running MSI. One other guy from the site, sorry, can't remember the name. I found ONE Colt Cobra, going for list price. I picked up a CZ SP-01 Phantom after walking the whole show. I was there for three hours.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I was at the show to shop for used classic wheelgun holsters but heard there was an AR line (ATI) that was priced at $399.

It's clear we are in a lull that precedes the next black rifle panic.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Damn, Gym Ratz (see IP thread) has Ruger ARs for $499 in stock this morning.

Just two months ago they had Colts flying out the door at $800.

Last edited:

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Damn, Gym Ratz (see IP thread) has Ruger ARs for $499 in stock this morning.

Just a months ago they had Colts flying out the door at $800.

Yeah, we've probably reached, or are very close to reaching, "peak AR."

The Chinese knock-off market for parts, combined with a relative "at ease" feeling among potential buyers for ARs has forced companies to really drop the prices of their AR platforms and basic-level parts to compete. It's now cheaper to buy one fully assembled than to "build" one yourself when you take into account the time you spend doing so.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    As I said, this is just a lull until the next panic.

With a salute to Fred333, I predict a major multi-state power outage in the next year will reignite sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom