• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mar 13, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I bought my first handgun a month ago, Glock 23 Gen 4, and I like it. Always have liked Glocks since the first time I tried it out. Kinda played heavily in my decision on what my first firearm should be.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but if you don't like Glocks, you can definitely save yourself from typing something trying to sway my decision, since I'm sticking with them for now.

:D

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

What should my next purchase be? I'm thinking of keeping it in the same caliber family for now (save on buying different ammo). But there are so many to choose from!!! :D

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    In order of preference:

G17 (if you want to get into 9mm, I know you may not want to but it's cheaper)
    G35
    G22 (preferably a police trade-in)
    9mm conversion barrel for your 23

dpmd

Apr 2, 2010
    Montgomery County
    Good decision to stay in .40 cal for your second Glock.

If you plan to conceal carry someday, go with the 27.
    If you plan to shoot competitively, go with the 22 or 35.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Depends on what you like.

The G17 & G19 (9mm) are good choices, and cheap (cheaper) to shoot as well.

I like the G21 myself, though some have a bit of trouble with the larger sized frame.

MH

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    G34. By far the most prevalent competition gun. Cheaper ammo. You can use hot loads for home defense. Already have a great carry gun.

seankar

Jan 22, 2012
    Millsboro, DE
    Depending on hand size the 27 might be hard to pull from an IWB holster I like to carry the 22 IWB, if you can, either rent of borrow a 27 before buying

ravens52

Mar 8, 2011
    Millersville, MD
    Get a Lone Wolf barrel conversion to 9mm for about $100.00, get a few G19 mags then you can shoot both .40 and the less expensive 9mm out of the G23. Spent the rest on ammo.

The G27 subcompact gen-4 is a nice too if you want to stay in he .40 family..

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    If you are planning to carry at some point: G27.

If not: G35 or G24.

I'd stick with the .40S&W unless you haven't heavily invested in the cartridge yet. In that case I'd suggest something in 9mm instead. I like to minimize the amount of cartridges I have to stock so right now my pistol inventory is limited to .380ACP, 9mm, .45ACP, .38SPL, .357MAG (and of course .22LR.) I have a good amount of all of them, but mostly just invest in 9mm, .45ACP, and .38SPL. If you're happy with the .40S&W keep it and keep buying pistols chambered in that cartridge.

Personally I think .40S&W is a miserable cartridge and the owners of pistols chambered in that cartridge are worthy of constant derision and verbal abuse, but if you like it good on you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom