• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stank

Lifes Good
    Oct 20, 2008
    Pasadena
    Well my new stock has arrived and my plans to use my factory charger barrell threaded will not work. It is 10" and a little too short. This gun will also host my suppressor when it comes. Looks like I will have to buy a tac-sol 12" barrell. Any one deal with this or have a similar setup. BTW cutting the stock is not an option because of the freak'n laser (just because factor).:evilgrin3

Last edited:

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    just take an existing 10/22 barrel, get it cut, crowned, and threaded. all my .22 barrels are 16" or longer but one or two shorter ones may be around that people have gotten to scratch their SBR itch.

I just finished the third of my Ruger project guns (Mark II pistol with threaded bull barrel, 10/22 with hammerforged and threaded bull barrel, and a 77/22 with a running bore threaded barrel that has a unique 1 in 9 twist rate to stabilized SSS rounds). I'd be happy to help u with any issues u might run into.

side note, since you say you will be mounting a suppressor, have you modified the internals of your host receiver to improve function and quiet the action noise? when mounting a can, the action can take a stiffer beating when firing hotter loads due to the increased amount of back-pressure (not to mention the mess that using a suppressor makes out of your bore and action).

stank

Lifes Good
    Oct 20, 2008
    Pasadena
    Yeah I was thinking about the 16" route with this last night after looking for awhile for the Tacsol 12" barrel with no luck. I could always shorten it down the road if I feel the need. I have not done any mods to my Chargers action and I dont even have a reciever for this build, just recieved the stock yesterday.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    fwiw, i have a custom barrel (special ordered from volquartsen) with a running bore profile that measures 16" in my 77/22 that i couldnt be happier with. the thing has a 1 in 9 twist and thus is able to run aguila SSS with my can on (no baffle strikes or keyholing) and with the SSS or normal loads it is tack driving accurate.

considering most of my weapons have very long barrels (my AR15 is a 24" fluted HBAR) the 16" on that .22 handles like an SBR to me. your feelings on the matter may be different.

Marshallbrew

Jan 12, 2009
    Westminster, MD
    I have a 10/22 with an integrated suppressor barrel. My plan was to always get a suppressor for .22, so before I found the integrated suppressor barrel, I found a 10/22 barrel already machined and threaded on auctionarms.com. I think it cost about $100. I don't have it anymore, but when I bought mine, the guy had quite a few of them that he machined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom