• ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    VA Gov order only policy, not law

WV Permitless Carry Effective Date 5/24/16. . . VA Exec. Order

West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey has announced that the effective date of West Virginia’s Permitless Carry Law will be May 24, 2016. The previous date announced was June 5th. You can read his reasoning for moving up the date Here:
    Attorney General Morrisey Provides Guidance on Constitutional Carry Implementation

Virginia Governor McAuliffe issued an Executive Order in December 2015 banning firearms in all buildings under the control of the Executive Branch. Last week he Virginia Citizens Defense League President put out a letter concerning this and that the Governor has no legal grounds to post those buildings. You can read the letter Here: http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/VCDLGovBuildBan.pdf This letter forced Brian Coy, the governor’s spokesperson, to reply and he affirmed the order is a policy and if a gun owner is asked to leave at one of these locations, and didn’t leave immediately the punishment would be trespassing. "If you enter a facility that's under the purview of this order, you'll be asked to leave or you'll deny entry. If you're respectful, that should be the end of the story," said Coy.

The above is just one instance of the VCDL taking up the cause for gun owners/carriers. There are other great state groups that are doing your bidding at the state level and making a huge difference. Handgunlaw.us highly recommends if you are not a member of your state RKBA’s Org you should join. They are doing the bulk of the work in keeping and expanding our rights to carry in their respective states. You can view a list of states and their RKBA’s Org Here: http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/state_rkba_orgs.pdf If you Organization is not listed please drop me an email at admins@handgunlaw.us and we will add your Organization to the listing.​

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Small tidbit to help Marylanders; it came to me that the Maryland action group ought to change their name to MDCDL (Maryland Citizens Defense League). Why not, VA and WV are successful with their titles, that is, VCDL and WVCDL.

That's my two cents.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Small tidbit to help Marylanders; it came to me that the Maryland action group ought to change their name to MDCDL (Maryland Citizens Defense League). Why not, VA and WV are successful with their titles, that is, VCDL and WVCDL.

That's my two cents.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Have said it before that almost nobody outside of a vary narrow group of people knows what "shall issue" even means, the group's goals are broader than that, and it would have broader support with the new name. My .02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom