• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    This has been a problem for a while there. Doesn't help that Manhattan's DA is the spawn of Cyrus Vance of Jimmy Carter Administration fame.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    A fault cutting off NYC from the continental US would be doing us all a huge favor.

Good reporting though.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Longstanding in NYC. ( the statute is state law, but it seems NYC in particular overbroadly defines gravity.)

Ironically , unlike Md, the same people are not prohibited from carying a fixed blade instead.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Its looks like NYC is dropping charges and paying settlements in these cases. This man got a 10k settlement and further down the article is a case with a 57k settlement. Hopefully its only a matter of time for a person, knife rights group or perhaps a union to seek punitive damages.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Ug . . and I have to travel to Long Island for work again! This will be my 3rd week there out of the past 5 weeks. People keep asking me what I am going to do and I keep repeating 'nothing, and my goal is to spend as little as possible.' I hate having to give money to that poo hole.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance has voiced opposition to the idea of decriminalizing folding knives. Vance’s office has proposed letting the definition of an illegal knife stand, but creating an affirmative defense in court if a criminal defendant happens to be a tradesperson arrested for carrying a folding knife to or from work.

Yay! If you are arrested and jailed for carrying a tool necessary for your job you can go to court and use the fact that you needed it to do your job as a defense. What a magnanimous gesture!

And it only costs the person wronged several thousands of dollars and the state a buttload on top of that. What could be a smarter and more efficient use of resources than that? No wonder when you think of a safe place to travel to you think NYC.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Last time I went to New York city I carried 2 big folding knives and didn't have any problems. But of course nobody could tell I was carrying them. I try to avoid going to places that don't respect our basic human right to self defense.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Why would you expect anything less from a town that ignores Federal FOPA, then arrests legal travelers while standing in the airport?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Yay! If you are arrested and jailed for carrying a tool necessary for your job you can go to court and use the fact that you needed it to do your job as a defense. What a magnanimous gesture!

And it only costs the person wronged several thousands of dollars and the state a buttload on top of that. What could be a smarter and more efficient use of resources than that? No wonder when you think of a safe place to travel to you think NYC.

But think of the jobs it creates... :lol2:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Next thing you know, New York will ban toy guns..... oh, ooops....sorry. They already have. :mad54:

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    What's next? Your steak will be cut into pieces for you because restaurants won't be allowed to let their customers have a steak knife on the table? Wow - a local government that literally does not trust its citizens to have a sharp object. Sort of like a big mental institution.

WildIrishRose

Jul 3, 2016
    Brunswick, Maryland
    What's next? Your steak will be cut into pieces for you because restaurants won't be allowed to let their customers have a steak knife on the table? Wow - a local government that literally does not trust its citizens to have a sharp object. Sort of like a big mental institution.
    Local government doesn't want anyone to hurt themselves and mental institution is a good description. Want to hang out sometime? I got crayons and stickers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JBIRD EST.1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom