• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hpbyhermann

Mar 10, 2009
    Edgewater MD
    Very happy I took the time to research this holster, first impressions after carrying with it all day yesterday are very good. I took a over 2 hour ride to Ocean City and it definitely was a comfortable ride! It is longer in length than what I'm used to carrying (LAG Defender IWB/OWB) but I honestly forgot I had it on. Very comfortable, I ordered it with the horse hide option. I will rotate between these two holsters depending on the weather and clothing. Great choice if anyone is looking for a comfortable fit!

Attachments

• DEE475E9-0561-4AF0-AEB3-2F72CD36787D.jpeg
      DEE475E9-0561-4AF0-AEB3-2F72CD36787D.jpeg
      282.2 KB · Views: 99
    • EEEE7691-AA48-430E-809C-14131F7F8066.jpeg
      EEEE7691-AA48-430E-809C-14131F7F8066.jpeg
      197.5 KB · Views: 101
    Last edited:

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Very happy I took the time to research this holster, first impressions after carrying with it all day yesterday are very good. I took a over 2 hour ride to Ocean City and it definitely was a comfortable ride! It is longer in length than what I'm used to carrying (LAG Defender IWB/OWB) but I honestly forgot I had it on. Very comfortable, I ordered it with the horse hide option. I will rotate between these two holsters depending on the weather and clothing. Great choice if anyone is looking for a comfortable fit!

Good choice on the horsehide option, it is more sweat resistant.

You can easily cut it down to the “combat cut” with a razor knife. This tends to make it easier to get a full/solid grip on the draw. I have a Crossbreed Supertuck (very similar) for my other EDC and modified to “combat cut”. (Saves you $10-$15 doing it yourself.)

See product pictures on Vedder’s site for example of cut.

Also, if you get leather squeak, you can put stick-on felt on back of clips. They tend to squeak where the top of clips contact the leather.

hpbyhermann

Mar 10, 2009
    Edgewater MD
    Good choice on the horsehide option, it is more sweat resistant.

You can easily cut it down to the “combat cut” with a razor knife. This tends to make it easier to get a full/solid grip on the draw. I have a Crossbreed Supertuck (very similar) for my other EDC and modified to “combat cut”. (Saves you $10-$15 doing it yourself.)

See product pictures on Vedder’s site for example of cut.

Also, if you get leather squeak, you can put stick-on felt on back of clips. They tend to squeak where the top of clips contact the leather.
    Thanks for your comments! They did offer the combat cut as a no cost option but I felt I would give it a chance as is for a while figuring I could cut it out myself if I didn't like it. The felt on the clips is done by Vedder already when they assemble them in production. They must be listening to feedback from their customers! After more use since posting this I am still perfectly happy with this purchase! It is breaking in well and is even more comfortable than I thought it could ever be! Looks like I won't have a pile of unused holsters I didn't like!

Attachments

• E999BE72-FFA2-4B56-B6A7-5B0FA290373D.png
      E999BE72-FFA2-4B56-B6A7-5B0FA290373D.png
      121.6 KB · Views: 37

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I don't want to po-po anyones buy, but that is way to much holster for that gun. The regular single clip kydex is plenty sturdy. On larger guns, that set up is nice to carry the weight.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    I don't want to po-po anyones buy, but that is way to much holster for that gun. The regular single clip kydex is plenty sturdy. On larger guns, that set up is nice to carry the weight.

I like Comfort Tuck and Super Tuck style holsters primarily for their design. It provides a smooth spread-out surface contact and a nice stable no-wobble platform. It also spreads out the tuck area which, for me, makes my tucked shirt look more natural.

Holsters are a personal choice. It comes down to what works for each individual - no right or wrong.

hpbyhermann

Mar 10, 2009
    Edgewater MD
    I like Comfort Tuck and Super Tuck style holsters primarily for their design. It provides a smooth spread-out surface contact and a nice stable no-wobble platform. It also spreads out the tuck area which, for me, makes my tucked shirt look more natural.

Holsters are a personal choice. It comes down to what works for each individual - no right or wrong.
    This exactly.

hpbyhermann

Mar 10, 2009
    Edgewater MD
    This is a choice for comfort, I have a simplistic LAG that I sometimes use depending on the clothing choice. Holsters are chosen on personal preference and like everything else opinions vary. Enjoy your choices!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom