• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Af_catfish

Abandon All Hope
    Sep 6, 2011
    Bremen, Ohio
    You shouldn't have problems with function. I've put 1200 rounds through my 92FS. They do like to be oiled. If Beretta made a .45 version of the 92 series I'd have one. The A1 version is cool, although I don't like the rail. It makes the frame look chunky.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    You shouldn't have problems with function. I've put 1200 rounds through my 92FS. They do like to be oiled. If Beretta made a .45 version of the 92 series I'd have one. The A1 version is cool, although I don't like the rail. It makes the frame look chunky.

Look for the Cougar 8045, they're pretty badass. Similar grip profile to the 92.

And yeah, these should shoot well. I see these all the time... and really the only thing that kills them is ranges that put 20-30k rounds through it without changing the recoil spring, which can batter the frame and cause permanent damage to it and/or the locking block.

If you replace your recoil spring every 3000-5000 rounds (depending on ammo, just like any semi-auto) you'll pretty much never wear it out. Shoot 30k rounds through almost any pistol (H&K aside) without maintenance and you'll get it to break at some point.

I personally used Wilson Combat UltimaLube or TW25 grease on my 92FS, as it stayed in place and didn't run (very important for steel on aluminum), but a good lube like Slip2000 is good to go as well. :thumbsup:

I'm on the hunt for an M9A1 myself... I like the checkered grips.

BRASS

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 29, 2012
    Nice! I love my 96a1, hogue wrap arounds are amazing- if you have bigger hands look into them.

Nice. Everyone is always talking about the 92s, but the 96 .40 is where it's at. Where did you get yours?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Very nice. Enjoy the Beretta. I'm considering buying one, too.

Cool dogs, I love the Dobe markings. My gf has a chiuahua with markings similar to my dobe. Its funny, its like mini-me to Zeus lol

Alarm system at my place ;)

Attachments

• 132_0736 small.jpg
      132_0736 small.jpg
      30.9 KB · Views: 183

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Lol, i say go for it...you really cant go wrong. Mine is a borderline tacdriver, easy on the recoil, comfy, and on top of that their just damn good looking guns.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Sgt, you want a chiuahua like the pic above your post?

Boom boom, thats a cool dog. I gotta admit, them little doggies are fun but with the Doberman security system you get an alarm and primary attack lol

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Was it made in Accokeek? Being PGC, that's pretty much a communist state, right?

Still wanting a 92FS. Maybe I'll just break down and get a new one rather than try my patience any longer.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    No we didnt make it here in acco, its an italian one. I kinda prefer the italian ones, mainly for the barrels. The barrels we make have a different feed ramp design and the crown is not chromed, where as the italians are. The diff in the feed ramp is if you look at the one pic the italian ones use a wide scoop(for lack of a better term, where as the ones made here use a traditional shovel looking ramp...no real diff in feeding function though

Gino z32

that car guy
    May 17, 2011
    Bennsville, MD
    Nice. Everyone is always talking about the 92s, but the 96 .40 is where it's at. Where did you get yours?

haha they're both great guns, the nice thing about the 96 is that with a new barrel/locking block you can change to 9mm in a matter of seconds. i got mine a year and a half ago or so from continental arms

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Was it made in Accokeek? Being PGC, that's pretty much a communist state, right?

Still wanting a 92FS. Maybe I'll just break down and get a new one rather than try my patience any longer.

'Bout equal with Montgomery County... ;)

AZ Shooter

Jun 10, 2012
    I cant wait to get my hands on one similar to this :)
    92FSc1.jpg

Oh Nemesis, careful now, you've just given me a semi... Seriously the 92FS Inox is the most gorgeous handgun I can think of. And just like this one in the picture, the older version. The current version has black-colored trigger, safety, slide release, etc., which makes it look stupid. The older all-silver(ish) one like this is the one I want... :drool:

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Oh Nemesis, careful now, you've just given me a semi... Seriously the 92FS Inox is the most gorgeous handgun I can think of. And just like this one in the picture, the older version. The current version has black-colored trigger, safety, slide release, etc., which makes it look stupid. The older all-silver(ish) one like this is the one I want... :drool:

Recent Italian INOX pistols have been imported with all stainless controls. However the Italian guns have painted receivers, while the ones made in Accokeek are anodized. With the US ones you will get Bruniton/black polymer furniture.

AZ Shooter

Jun 10, 2012
    Recent Italian INOX pistols have been imported with all stainless controls. However the Italian guns have painted receivers, while the ones made in Accokeek are anodized. With the US ones you will get Bruniton/black polymer furniture.

I'm guessing anodized is better than painted, right? Were there ever anodized ones with all stainless furniture? How can a person tell?

goneshootin88

Sep 22, 2009
    MOCO
    Now you just need to put a "D" spring in it, Elite 2 hammer, and threaded barrel :innocent0

Attachments

• beretta 2.JPG
      beretta 2.JPG
      43.6 KB · Views: 59
    • beretta 1.JPG
      beretta 1.JPG
      44.6 KB · Views: 65

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members