• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spyder

Mar 22, 2013
    I live in the Rockville area and my father just recently purchased a rifle. Neither one of us has shot a rifle before, and we were wondering what the best place in the area would be to for a newbie to shoot.

Thanks for your help!

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    question for the OP.

have you shot any firearm at all? if not, you better off having somebody with you to train you.

+1 on msar. :)

sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    There's also Gilbert's which is in Rockville, but they can get a little expensive without membership. I'm pretty sure they allow rifle, but the lanes aren't all that long.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery County
    There's also Gilbert's which is in Rockville, but they can get a little expensive without membership. I'm pretty sure they allow rifle, but the lanes aren't all that long.

Yeah, Gilbert's is right off of Gude (between 355 and Norbeck I believe). Although I haven't checked it out personally, the non-membership (week-by-week) rates are kind of expensive - you can check out the details on their website. I did like that wounded warriors shoot free (not that it applies to me); also you can't rent guns to try out unless you're in a party of 2+ people.

akrobatik

Feb 20, 2012
    Go to MSAR. If you are nervous about how to load, aim, safety, shoot, ask someone behind the desk, they can probably point you in the direction of a trainer in the lobby that can demo how to shoot the rifle quickly. I see a lot of people with msar trainers teaching them how to shoot shotgun and rifle.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Howdy.

www.marylandshallissue.org.

Cicirich

Feb 10, 2013
    I also think MSAR would be a good place to shoot. You can also rent some handguns and the people there can give you a quick run through how everything works from handling the guns to how to hang your targets and move them back and fourth. I know it's pretty intimidating walking in there not knowing anything about anything. If you had some friends that can go with you that own guns that would also be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom