• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mig201

Jan 26, 2013
    Bowie
    I am thinking of getting into reloading. Any publications that will provide a good overview? Haven't bought anything yet, but want to study on it. Thanks

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Hornady reloading manual 9th edition. Youtube has some good tutorials. These mds guys are pretty good too for answering your questions. :)

Patriot

Dec 31, 2011
    Harford co.
    Hornady reloading manual 9th edition. Youtube has some good tutorials. These mds guys are pretty good too for answering your questions. :)

:thumbsup: Youtube can really give you a great overview. Don't use any recipes you hear without verifying them in a up to date load manual though. I really like my Lee reloading manual. Many bullet manufacturers have a reloading manual as well.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    ABC of Reloading is a GREAT start.

Then any or all of the bullet and powder company manuals. Speer, Hornady, Sierra, Hodgdon, Accurate, etc

Vision

Apr 10, 2011
    Havre de Grace, MD
    Check out fsreloading.com for Lee loading equipment. I am a big fan of the classic turret press. Great way to get into reloading without having to shell out a ton of $ for a Dillon.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Colt Justice

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    You're picking a really bad time to start reloading, given the "panic" and all components being taken before they even hit the shelves, but maybe that's a good thing, because you can read up and get familiar with the process before you start actually reloading.
    When I got started, I read everything I could get my hands on before I could afford a press. When I actually got started, I was pretty familiar with the process, and the learning curve was pretty easy.

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    You're picking a really bad time to start reloading, given the "panic" and all components being taken before they even hit the shelves, but maybe that's a good thing, because you can read up and get familiar with the process before you start actually reloading.
    When I got started, I read everything I could get my hands on before I could afford a press. When I actually got started, I was pretty familiar with the process, and the learning curve was pretty easy.

Yeah, its a tough time to start but dont be discouraged. I started very recently too and there are definitely components out there to be had if you know where to look. Classifieds here is a great way to get components, in my experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom