• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I used the 3" Rem Copper ATs out of the SBII before it was retired. When you do get around to cleaning it, I'd suggest a solvent that will break down the plastic sabot residue that can foul the rifling like lead does if using slugs. Acetone works in a pinch but is nasty to work with. Same applies for MLs using sabots.
    Brake cleaner is what I use. Some guns build up more than others. I've seen long strips of vinyl(?) pull out of barrels. I clean my ML at the end of every season(I don't kill nearly as many deer as I used to). As for any rifle, I only clean the bore of my SG when accuracy begins to deteriorate.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Brake cleaner is what I use. Some guns build up more than others. I've seen long strips of vinyl(?) pull out of barrels. I clean my ML at the end of every season(I don't kill nearly as many deer as I used to). As for any rifle, I only clean the bore of my SG when accuracy begins to deteriorate.
    I'll have to try this on the ML. Thanks.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    I shoot foster type slugs in my rifled barreled shotguns all the time.
    Biggest buck I ever killed was with my M500.
    I caught it bedded down, missed it three times soon as climbed in the stand and it run off in the field where they were picking round bails up with the tractor.
    Anyway, it came running back through these holly's and I shot it but it was missing an antler. LOL.
    You know, I went and got something to eat and someone stole the rack out of the back of my truck at Cindy's Kitchen off 50 over to Bucktown.

DEEREHUNTER

Oct 7, 2009
    I have a 210 (non removable magazine) and used the 23/4 " Winchester Partition Golds. Extremely accurate . I think they have been discontinued. All deer were one shot kills and I can`t remember a missed deer with this combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom