• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zelos17

Jan 24, 2013
    So all this boils down to yes Maryland sucks and you should move back to where you came from and get the hell out of this shit hole state.

I came from NJ and their firearms laws are even worse. NY, NJ, CA, MA are all worse. It does not feel that way because you live here and follow MD law but as bad as it is now it could be worse. We all need to make sure our elected representatives know how we feel. I can't say it will help but it is better than not trying.

tduquin

Aug 14, 2011
    Maryland
    Yeah we are trying to get the hell out of here as well, i cant take it here anymore there just no work anywhere thats the down fall!

tduquin

Aug 14, 2011
    Maryland
    I been writing letter, emails, posting on FB, i went to Annapolis and that turn iut was pretty good but need more people! I think with all the wasted time people are starting to let there guard down and thats gonna hurt us in the long run. But even with that the Gov has got to know the people will know stand down and we are gonna step up and fight.

bratgirllcp

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2013
    Grasonville MD
    OK GUYS..... I noticed a man coming into a gun shop with beige canvas bag stopping in to use the range. so,, thats illegal to carry your items to the range?
    IF/WHEN i get my revolver i was going to do that with ammo in a box beside empty gun in the canvas bag>> thats a no no???? guide me please

tduquin

Aug 14, 2011
    Maryland
    As far as i know putting everything in a bag and walking into the range is not illegal as long as it is not loaded! Beside the fact that you are on private property at that point. I may be wrong. You could check with the range.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    OK GUYS..... I noticed a man coming into a gun shop with beige canvas bag stopping in to use the range. so,, thats illegal to carry your items to the range?
    IF/WHEN i get my revolver i was going to do that with ammo in a box beside empty gun in the canvas bag>> thats a no no???? guide me please

Not knowing what he had in the bag or how he transported those items, makes it difficult to say. But, placing all of your equipment into one bag and carrying that bag from your car into to range is not the same as securing those things in the car while driving. Safe is better than sorry.

mig201

Jan 26, 2013
    Bowie
    NJ to MD

I also came from Jersey (south Jersey) and it is definitely worse, but MD is catching up. In case you didn't know, take NOTHING into DC.

zelos17

Jan 24, 2013
    I also came from Jersey (south Jersey) and it is definitely worse, but MD is catching up. In case you didn't know, take NOTHING into DC.

That I know! I just go to On Target when I can. I like shooting and try to get there as much as possible. I don't think there are any ranges closer to Columbia.

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    As far as i know putting everything in a bag and walking into the range is not illegal as long as it is not loaded! Beside the fact that you are on private property at that point. I may be wrong. You could check with the range.

As written, in terms of Maryland law, it is legal to transport your firearm to and from, a gun shop and your home or to and from your home to the range. There is nothing in the law that states the ammo must be stored separately. You can have the ammo stored next to the firearm but the firearm must be unloaded and in an enclosed holster or case.

I carry a copy of the Md law with me in my vehicle. Not every LEO knows the specifics of the laws. Hell, as many laws as we have its no wonder anyone can remember anyone them.

That said it doesn't hurt to have them separate. I carry my firearms in their own case and the ammo is always in a separate 50 cal ammo can.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    The law tells us that all we need to do is to have the gun unloaded and in a secure case or holster. But we know that is just to trick us. It's always best to read into the law and add things that are not there.

To really play it safe, here are some things we should read into the law and do over and above what the law asks us to do:

• Make two separate trips with your ammo and gun when going to the range. Never have both in the same car.

• Placing the gun and ammo in the trunk out of reach.

• Install a trailer hitch if you don't have one and drag a trailer to the range with your gun in the trailer. That way it even farther away from your reach. The longer the trailer the better.

• And remember, even with the trailer, make two trips that way the gun and ammo are never being transported at the same time.

• And to be really safe, make arrangements with the gun range so you can bring your gun one day ahead of the ammo.

• If you buy your ammo at the range, never buy the ammo off the shelf that is already at the range. Stand their and wait for the truck to make a delivery of new ammo. That way no one can say you you had some plane to use existing ammo that you could get to right away.

• Some people really play it safe and mail their gun one day to the range using UPS, and then mail their ammo the next day using FedEx. That way you, your gun, and ammo are all going to the range by different means on different days.

• Never have your firing pin installed in the gun. As far as that goes take the gun apart and transport all of the parts in different location inside of your car. Place some in the glove box, some under the seat, some in the trunk, and you can also duct tape a few parts to the roof of the car.

• Another way to transport everything is to never bring the ammo assembled. Bring your reloading press to the range and build the ammo right before you shoot it. Never build more then one round at a time to really play it safe. Build a round, then shoot it. then build your next round.

• When you drive to the range, NEVER do the posted speed limit. Like the MD gun transport law, this is also to trick you into thinking it OK to drive 50mph on a road that 50 is the posted speed limit. So read into the "follow the speed limit laws" and never drive more then 10mph under whatever the posted speed limit to play it safe. MD law does not say we have to do that, but we know better don't we?

But whatever you do, don't just comply with the law as written, it's all a trick!!! :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom