• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    I'm enjoying my last night of concealed carry. I move to Baltimore tomorrow.

I think I'll have to go shooting Tuesday and check out the local gun clubs this weekend.

Anyway...hello all!

kent

Dec 21, 2015
    Howdy from a recent Texas transplant! I joined the Berwyn Rod and Gun Club in Bowie which is a great place to shoot.

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    Nope...Canton...10 blocks from the free gun range and knife training center known as Patterson Park.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Welcome a few tips for new residents:

- Costco sells caskets, pre-buy in bulk. Best place to get one in Baltimore and its good to plan ahead.
    - Keep at least a month of food for civil unrest, a few extra fire extinguishers are a good idea,
    - Be friendly to the local drug dealer, they are cool, real cool. You can probably even compare notes about you favorite firearm. They probably prefer HiPoints or Cobras.
    - Feebreeze will help quell the stench of the bay.

Seriously its a nice town, lots of room to improve. Little rough around the edges but hey that's what gives it character right?

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    Welcome a few tips for new residents:

- Costco sells caskets, pre-buy in bulk. Best place to get one in Baltimore and its good to plan ahead.
    - Keep at least a month of food for civil unrest, a few extra fire extinguishers are a good idea,
    - Be friendly to the local drug dealer, they are cool, real cool. You can probably even compare notes about you favorite firearm. They probably prefer HiPoints or Cobras.
    - Feebreeze will help quell the stench of the bay.

Seriously its a nice town, lots of room to improve. Little rough around the edges but hey that's what gives it character right?

OK, if I ever get a bug to buy a Hi Point, I know what to do :party29:

Does anyone know any gunsmiths who can make a HiPoint For-Tay like the one shown? I'd like to try it and see if the sights really do work. I can just walk over to Patterson Park.

image.png

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    Wait...do Baltimore drug dealers offer discounts on fully automatic rifles? I'd buy in bulk!

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Welcome! You have come to a state that has personality issues. From premier duck hunting to sika and whitetail deer and black bear there's been a long hunting tradition in this state. Unfortunately, we have become a strict one party state and so politically the liberal agenda rules. You will hear a lot about the state of affairs as it relates to gun control laws on this forum and rightly so. If I'd had to guess we are the 3rd or 4th worst state in the country for gun control. (Oh yeah, and taxes suck too.) Please join MSI and help the cause.

Now what you may not see on the forum is all the things this city and state have to offer. Premier sports teams in great facilities. The ocean in an 2 1/2 hours from Canton, mountains in two. Kayaking and biking all over. World class museums and symphony music and opera. A vibrant night life with lots of great restaurants. You know this if you already in Canton. Baltimore gets its fair share of bashing here and often deservedly so. Unfortunately, for the denizens, it is mostly confined to the East and West side. Many of us believe that this is in part due to the ineptitude of Democrat rule for 60 some years. Of course, there are many factors.

I could go on. Just know that this forum is an amazing place. Unlike, many forums the vast majority of users are here to help AND they know what they are talking about. I can't tell you how much time and energy this forum has saved me researching things.

Lastly, I'm a proud Marylander and I hope you will take in the sights, enjoy yourself, and learn to love it. Oh and BTW, we have the coolest state flag. RANT OFF.

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    Canton is pretty nice. Plenty of great food and drink. Can get rowdy on the weekends but the main issue will be with drunk rich white people.

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    Welcome! You have come to a state that has personality issues. From premier duck hunting to sika and whitetail deer and black bear there's been a long hunting tradition in this state. Unfortunately, we have become a strict one party state and so politically the liberal agenda rules. You will hear a lot about the state of affairs as it relates to gun control laws on this forum and rightly so. If I'd had to guess we are the 3rd or 4th worst state in the country for gun control. (Oh yeah, and taxes suck too.) Please join MSI and help the cause.

Now what you may not see on the forum is all the things this city and state have to offer. Premier sports teams in great facilities. The ocean in an 2 1/2 hours from Canton, mountains in two. Kayaking and biking all over. World class museums and symphony music and opera. A vibrant night life with lots of great restaurants. You know this if you already in Canton. Baltimore gets its fair share of bashing here and often deservedly so. Unfortunately, for the denizens, it is mostly confined to the East and West side. Many of us believe that this is in part due to the ineptitude of Democrat rule for 60 some years. Of course, there are many factors.

I could go on. Just know that this forum is an amazing place. Unlike, many forums the vast majority of users are here to help AND they know what they are talking about. I can't tell you how much time and energy this forum has saved me researching things.

Lastly, I'm a proud Marylander and I hope you will take in the sights, enjoy yourself, and learn to love it. Oh and BTW, we have the coolest state flag. RANT OFF.

I will joins MSI and even...gasp...show up.

Nottherealfranco

MD Escapee
    Sep 24, 2014
    Nope...Canton...10 blocks from the free gun range and knife training center known as Patterson Park.

Patterson Park is not that bad.. I moved a block north of East Baltimore specifically for the park. Walk the dog through the park every night and the worst I've seen was kids smash a BMW's window then run into the park. During the warmer months there's Baltimore Social games going on from 6-9pm, and tons of people hanging out until dark. Before the city stopped lighting the walkways I'd see people still out at 10/11 running or biking as well.

Canton is a fairly affluent area when compared to the rest of Baltimore, and is almost completely gentrified. As someone else said your biggest issue is going to be drunk yuppies/ college kids doing stupid stuff and late night noise. I suggest you check out the food and drink if you're into that, or at least spend an afternoon under a tree at the park when it warms up. It's quite nice. You're also within walking distance of one of the few grocery stores in that part of the city, and a short bike ride from the music venues downtown. If you have any specific questions about the area feel free to drop me a PM and i'll be happy to answer any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom