• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Wow... Delaware sounds just like Maryland
    Who do you think are the ones moving to Delaware?

Leftists destroy everything they touch.

Wait until rural broadband is universal and watch the virus penetrate even more deeply into formerly conservative areas.

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    From the second link in my OP.

I'm a simple man, not a man of research lol.

For houses with a garage, it looks like a dedicated outlet and circuit will be needed. I'm guessing 10/3 at a minimum of 30 amps is a minimum. That gets expensive if you have to go across a house. And outside.

A smart electrician would figure out how to run a circuit for this purpose that can be repurposed for a generator interlock post inspection. At least houses without a garage would get something out of this.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    If your Homeowners insurance does not include a betterment clause for building codes (fire suppression sprinklers, windows, ice damn prevention, etc) spend a little and get it.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I'm a simple man, not a man of research lol.

For houses with a garage, it looks like a dedicated outlet and circuit will be needed. I'm guessing 10/3 at a minimum of 30 amps is a minimum. That gets expensive if you have to go across a house. And outside.

A smart electrician would figure out how to run a circuit for this purpose that can be repurposed for a generator interlock post inspection. At least houses without a garage would get something out of this.
    More likely a dumb one, who would lose his license for doing it.

2020 NEC Code
    Receptacle and Wall Plug: Where the EVSE calls for an in-wall receptacle, a 50 amp, 240 volt, 3- or 4-wire wall plug configuration is required. However, most charging equipment will be directly wired, eliminating the need for an in-wall receptacle. Level 2 EV connectors are designed so that they cannot be used with receptacles for other electric equipment, and the EVSE is labeled “For Use With Electric Vehicles” (CEC §625.15, 625.16).

Code update for backfeeding.

zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    Doesn't surprise me. My beach home built in 2012 had some stupid rule the builder had to comply with. I wanted an over the range microwave oven. The builder said for them to do it, they would have to install the microwave oven one cabinet section over from the range because code required them to put a range hood in. No exceptions. The site supervisor advised me to wait till after closing when I took possession of the house to have the microwave oven installed. Which is exactly what I did. Removed the range hood and installed the microwave oven myself over the range where it should be.

Later on as more homes were built, that stupid building code was removed and the builder was able to install a microwave oven over the range where it should be.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    Welcome to the new Maryland, where the imported Marylanders go because "Maryland is such a shit hole/because of these politicians, so I'm moving out of this state" .
    Then does the same ol shite and get the same ol shite.

It's happening to PA as well.
    Next will be WV, TN and TX.

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Who do you think are the ones moving to Delaware?

Leftists destroy everything they touch.

Wait until rural broadband is universal and watch the virus penetrate even more deeply into formerly conservative areas.
    Exciting times!
    We have front row seats for now, seen a Lot of reasonable people being compromised by fear, then infected by the virus.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Get ready, for solar panels and wind turbines to be required too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't make this sh!t up. They'll start with commercial, then stick the residents.

This Act requires new commercial buildings with a foundation footprint of 50,000 square feet or greater to meet certain requirements to ensure that their roof is able to support solar energy infrastructure.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    On the plus side, most EV charger setups can work as a generator patch panel if properly installed.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    More reason to stay where you come from.
    Next thing you know print detectors will be a requirement for those that are not carrying inconspicuous enough to satisfy feelings requirements.
    LOL, More western Shore Western and PA ingrained conservatism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom