• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    A new section is going live today, titled "Dealer Connection". I'm sure you've seen similar setups on other forums, so you should be familiar with the concept. Basically I am reaching out to our local dealers of firearms and firearm related accessories in an effort to establish a relationship that will benefit both them and the members of Maryland Shooters. They get what is essentially free advertising directly to their target market, and in return we (the members) get special discounts and an open channel directly to the dealers for questions, comments, price quotes, etc. I believe that it will be a mutually beneficial relationship.

What I will not allow is for this new section to become a dealer bashfest. This is NOT a venue for airing your grievances if you haven't gone through the proper channels first. Handle the matter privately BEFORE taking it public. And if your complaint does not appear to be legitimate, or if it involves personal attacks, it will get zapped. If we see a dealer that demonstrates a pattern of not treating our members well, they will get zapped. This is all common sense, which is something the majority of our members seem to demonstrate, so I think that this will not be a problem.

There are only a few member dealers now, but I will be adding more shortly. I'm waiting for a few dealers to complete their information form, at which point they will be added. I would expect the list to continue to grow as time passes. If you don't see your favorite dealer in our list, please let them know about it and have them contact me so that hopefully I can sign them up.

There will be a sticky thread at the top of each dealer forum that lists their business information and what benefit they will extend to members of MDShooters on a semi-permanent basis.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    This is one of the many things that sets Maryland Shooters apart from the other BS gun boards out there, that we actually have a reason for existing besides being a bunch of keyboard commandos.

We actually shoot.

We make a difference on the legislative landscape.

We make it financially beneficial for both our members and our industry partners to be active here.

This should be a good thing for all concerned.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I sent a PM to every retailer that I could think of that is a member, but I may have missed a few. If you are a dealer of firearms or accessories and I didn't contact you, please accept my apologies, send me a PM, and I'll get you set up.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    The initial four are up, and there should be more shortly. You will find the new section right below 'The Water Cooler' in the 'General' section. If you want to address all of the dealers at once (example: price quote), post directly in the 'Dealer Connection' forum.

madmattmd

Aug 17, 2006
    The Frozen North
    I would suggest re-posting this announcement sometime after the SHOT Show (which is this weekend if I’m not mistaken). I’m sure that many small gun shops/gunsmiths are busy with the pre-show and travel issues and may miss this important information.

Thanks,
    Matt

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I would suggest re-posting this announcement sometime after the SHOT Show (which is this weekend if I’m not mistaken). I’m sure that many small gun shops/gunsmiths are busy with the pre-show and travel issues and may miss this important information.

Thanks,
    Matt

+1 I know for a fact as I was left emails to that effect (out of town for SHOT show) by FFL's.

gunconnection

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2008
    Bushmaster "Homeland Defender" XM-15

Bad News:Bushmaster has discontinued there "Homeland Defender" XM-15
    Good News: I have one for sale! These @#$%ing guns rock! These guns have lots of extras! Free Float "Yankee Hill Machine Quad Rail" w/ Ergo covers, 6 position collaspable stock, Hogue Grip, A-3 Removable Carry Handle, M-4 Profile Barrel, and laser engraved " Homeland Defender" Logo. All this for $1165.00 + 6% tax($69.90) + $10.00 app fee= $1244.90 What a smokin' deal! Don't miss out on this one!!!:D
    Gun Connection, LLC
    Dan Kaminkow II
    11433 Pulaski Hwy.,Unit#3
    White Marsh, MD 21162
    410/335-7252

sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    Bump for any dealers on the forum here that would want to be posted in the Dealer connection page, I think this new section is a great idea, Thanks DD214 :thumbsup:

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    How about setting up the forum so we can rate the dealers in some way??? I was going to add a positive comment about Corsica Coatings (Joe handled a recent transfer for me) but since the thread is closed I can not reply to it. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom