• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    The one in my 93R17 TR doesn't do that. I never got a chance to adjust it any since they forgot the damn tool though. With 20gr CCI FMJ I was able to get get dime size groups at 100yds (absolute calm day).

36826_1572374675812_1428894980_31541488_2215827_n.jpg

Mine really seemed to prefer the 20gr, as well. one of the 5 shot groups was literally a ragged hole with a single .17 hole 1/4" away.

I think the trigger is defective. I want to have it threaded for my Spectre anyway, so I'll have the trigger worked over (if possible. I know some triggers can't be worked over with any real success.)

I was thinking about ditching it, but it is a fun gun to shoot at distances and really isn't worth a lot to sell.

Last edited:

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Mine really seamed to prefer the 20gr, as well. one of the 5 shot groups was literally a ragged hole with a single .17 hole 1/4" away.

I think the trigger is defective. I want to have it threaded for my Spectre anyway, so I'll have the trigger worked over (if possible. I know some triggers can't be worked over with any real success.)

May need someone to look at it. I thought mine was pretty nice, not like my 2-stage Kidd in my 10/22 but still nice for a factory trigger.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Pic of the rifle I'm coaxing into a good shooter:

savage17hmr.jpg

I also ordered a new piece of 1/8" stainless bottom metal from DIP so I can really crank down on the receiver bolt.

ThumbnailHandler.ashx

Nice, what do you have on there? Vortex. I have a Vortex Diamondback 4-12 w/AO and BDC. Works pretty good for me. I liked the stock so much I got one for my 10/22. Need to break it out, been over a year since I last shot it.

10_22and93TR.jpg

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Nice, what do you have on there? Vortex. I have a Vortex Diamondback 4-12 w/AO and BDC. Works pretty good for me. I liked the stock so much I got one for my 10/22. Need to break it out, been over a year since I last shot it.

10_22and93TR.jpg

It's a Vortex Crossfire 6-24X with a mil dot reticle. I liked the 30mm tube, the price was right for a rimfire scope, and I figured I'd want something higher mag for a .17 cal round, especially if I wanted to shoot at 200+ yards. It's not bad for the price (~$200). It's a little dark at 24X, but for the price, it's fine. I was going to go with a Viper 6.5-20X, but at half the price, this Crossfire seemed like it would work OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom