New Ruger Mini, cheaper than classifieds...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    Free markets all well and good, but it depends on an informed consumer to function properly.

I make no effort to crap on classifieds by going out of my way to point out better deals as I feel it's the buyers responsibility to research what they are about to buy. However, if I notice a seller that is asking a silly price and is continuously relisting to get their ad put at the top of the classifieds, well I'm going to be sure that everyone knows where to go for a better price. Why, not only are they wasting my time by having another dupe ad, but they are disrespecting every other user of this board, and that's no bueno.

If some dummy wants to panic and buy a mini-14 for 1,500 that's great. That's 500 dollars less he has to spend on ammo. Same goes to the guys who are buying 3-500 dollar lowers, go to town and blow all your money ASAP do we can get over this craze. However, I don't like it when my market priced (read 48 hour GB completed auction avg), items get pushed to page two super quick because of relisters and so I'll put them on blast.

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    Free markets all well and good, but it depends on an informed consumer to function properly.

I make no effort to crap on classifieds by going out of my way to point out better deals as I feel it's the buyers responsibility to research what they are about to buy. However, if I notice a seller that is asking a silly price and is continuously relisting to get their ad put at the top of the classifieds, well I'm going to be sure that everyone knows where to go for a better price. Why, not only are they wasting my time by having another dupe ad, but they are disrespecting every other user of this board, and that's no bueno.

If some dummy wants to panic and buy a mini-14 for 1,500 that's great. That's 500 dollars less he has to spend on ammo. Same goes to the guys who are buying 3-500 dollar lowers, go to town and blow all your money ASAP do we can get over this craze. However, I don't like it when my market priced (read 48 hour GB completed auction avg), items get pushed to page two super quick because of relisters and so I'll put them on blast.

I agree bumping the overpriced stuff is where it starts to get annoying

Anyone else waiting for the firearm and firearm parts bubble to burst?.

SouthCo

Nov 20, 2012

I look at this site as somewhat of a brotherhood... I didn't name the seller and have no issue with him/her looking to make a buck... Just wanted to help a fellow MDSer who may not search to get the best deal... I'd want someone to do the same for me. I wanted a mini 14 for awhile and finally got a brand new 5801 model for $745 online a few weeks ago...

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    I agree bumping the overpriced stuff is where it starts to get annoying

Anyone else waiting for the firearm and firearm parts bubble to burst?.

Yeah, you know it is going to happen. I cant say a word about that guy though. I built an AR just short of 2 years ago. I bought the components I wanted when I saw them on sale. I saved a ton of money and shot about 300 rounds out of it. Paid $750 to build it , just sold it a month ago for $1200.

It was really a combo of patience and just buying low and selling high. I think I could have pulled another $300 out of it but...I fealt like $1200 is what it should have cost me, not what the market was inflated to.

I do wonder though , how many of us will be reconsidering the value of our purchases of guns and ammo in the high of the market when the dust settles. Truthfully my hope is that it returns to pre-newtown levels.

It always seems that after this sorta thing the prices never settle to where they were before.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I got lucky some weeks back when an angel here noted a GB auction with one for $750 which I snagged. I've been overpaying for factory 20 rounders ever since.

SevernBob

It's All Boogered Up
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 17, 2012
    Severn
    We make money on turnover. We'd much rather sell the same SKU 50 times and make 50 customers, than make a single high-profit sale. That's retail though.

Someone selling a single item makes money on a single sale, whether it be his house, his car, or a firearm.

An item is worth only what someone will PAY, not what someone ASKS. Buy the less expensive new goods from us, and let that guy waste his time talking to tire kickers.

:thumbsup: Ah. Another reason I love this country. If someone's charging too much, shop around. If he's the only seller or everything is the same price or higher and you really want it, buy it. Otherwise don't. If someone wanted to buy my house for $1,000,000, you'd better believe I'd sell it and smile all the way to the bank. I wouldn't be like, "Aww shucks, you can have it for $300,000." I'd laugh at everyone saying I sold it for too much money. C'mon man. You're actually accusing someone of trying to sell or already sold something for too much money as if it's a crime or social offense? I just say good luck with that.

SouthCo

Nov 20, 2012
    I got lucky some weeks back when an angel here noted a GB auction with one for $750 which I snagged. I've been overpaying for factory 20 rounders ever since.

Like:thumbsup: And you can backorder them straight from rugershop.com... That's what I did. Hope to have them in a month or two from what I've read online.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I see your dick move and raise you THIS dick move. I really love this move, kinda tired of the classifieds lately. I typically dont care it's capitalism at it's best, but it's been stupid over the last 3 months.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Made my night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom