• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redheep

Aug 24, 2017
    Drayden, MD
    Hey folks,

We're driving to the new house tomorrow. I have a collection of vintage rifles (03A3, Garands, etc) that I know have nothing to do with the 2013 legistation. One of my Garands is a Mini-G from Shuff's, but I didn't see anything in the rules about modified garands, just that as a whole they were excluded. I have 4 handguns (1911, 709, .38 revolver, Uberti 1873 replica) that I know are legal but require registration.

I have an AR built in 2008 (16", flash hider, collapsible stock) and a AK built in 2007 (Rivet build on a OOW receiver on a Romy G kit) that I'm fairly certain are also legal to bring in and register.

Are there any issues other than build date that would prevent bringing them into the state? The receivers were both bought and transferred through an FFL, as were all the handguns, so the Fed Gov't knows they're mine and I'm not really concerned about registering them.

Just trying to make sure before we set off tomorrow with a trunk full of guns that MD LEO's aren't going to freak out.

Josh

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Hey folks,

We're driving to the new house tomorrow. I have a collection of vintage rifles (03A3, Garands, etc) that I know have nothing to do with the 2013 legistation. One of my Garands is a Mini-G from Shuff's, but I didn't see anything in the rules about modified garands, just that as a whole they were excluded.

Your Shuff's is fine.

I have 4 handguns (1911, 709, .38 revolver, Uberti 1873 replica) that I know are legal but require registration.

I don't believe the Uberti needs registered since it is black powder.

I have an AR built in 2008 (16", flash hider, collapsible stock) and a AK built in 2007 (Rivet build on a OOW receiver on a Romy G kit) that I'm fairly certain are also legal to bring in and register.

Are there any issues other than build date that would prevent bringing them into the state? The receivers were both bought and transferred through an FFL, as were all the handguns, so the Fed Gov't knows they're mine and I'm not really concerned about registering them.

Nope, no other issues.

Just trying to make sure before we set off tomorrow with a trunk full of guns that MD LEO's aren't going to freak out.

Josh

Welcome to Maryland, when you get a chance check into joining one of the State level 2A organizations.

redheep

Aug 24, 2017
    Drayden, MD
    The 1873 is a Single Action Army clone which uses fixed ammunition. Just as modern as any other handgun.

I don't know if modern is the word I would use but it's certainly applicable to the law.

There's about 10 pages of "don't do this or you'll shoot yourself" in the manual. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom