• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IAFF 2000

May 6, 2012
    West Friendship\Accident
    Gun Shack doesn't. Can't really blame a shop for not doing a transfer for a current production product they can stock and sell though. They do have to make a profit to keep the doors open. I have transferred a few older guns that are no longer in production and some custom guns there so, I know they will do transfers on those. I did a lot of business with them back when Steve ( the original owner ) was there. He would even hold something for me just on my saying I wanted it. He was really good to do business with.
    Things always seem to change when the kids take over a business.

Use to buy all my guns from Steve. Now, I'd go to Walmart before I went there for a firearm. Archery shop is a different story. Tim is a lot like his dad:party29: Bob too:thumbsup:

F2S

Oct 24, 2013
    Use to buy all my guns from Steve. Now, I'd go to Walmart before I went there for a firearm. Archery shop is a different story. Tim is a lot like his dad:party29: Bob too:thumbsup:

I agree. I have bought a few guns from there and my bow. Going to get work on bow done is like walking into a completely different store. They have fixed things on my bow on the spot and haven't charged. They were awesome when I was shopping for a bow as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I agree. I have bought a few guns from there and my bow. Going to get work on bow done is like walking into a completely different store. They have fixed things on my bow on the spot and haven't charged. They were awesome when I was shopping for a bow as well

F2S, while it looks like your avatar may be a 'Thin Blue Line' American flag, the flag is hung incorrectly.

The stars and blue always go in the upper left, regardless of how hung.

F2S

Oct 24, 2013
    F2S, while it looks like your avatar may be a 'Thin Blue Line' American flag, the flag is hung incorrectly.

The stars and blue always go in the upper left, regardless of how hung.

Yes I know. It keeps rotating it when I upload. I think I got it now.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

It's kind of annoying that the used guns are locked up now so that you can't fondle them, but I assume that's the result of some jackass customer being stupid.

Radio_Flyer

Jun 18, 2015
    Did Lou's place get sold? Shame how a place changes. When we moved there almost 16 years ago it wasn't like it is now. A lot of the Howard county left leaning crowd moved in. I wish him luck and Mt. Airy's loss.

F2S

Oct 24, 2013
    There's an article on one of the local news web sites that has a quote from someone that says Do you want this delivered by a FedEx truck or UPS truck to your neighbor right beside the bus stop. I don't think so.

Unfortunately people don't like to educate themselves on the process of opening a business like this before coming to conclusions.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    There's an article on one of the local news web sites that has a quote from someone that says Do you want this delivered by a FedEx truck or UPS truck to your neighbor right beside the bus stop. I don't think so.

Unfortunately people don't like to educate themselves on the process of opening a business like this before coming to conclusions.

Yeah unfortunately she was one one of the speakers last night at the hearing. She also looked like she would be one of the likes of the Moms Demand Action libtards; she got her chance at the podium and just spewed garbage. Apparently though, those on the council took her seriously (because they don't like to listen facts either).

RemoveKebab

Nov 27, 2016
    Dam, to bad he lives 50 minutes away from me, i would had liked to show some support to local businesses

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I went to the meeting to watch the show. :popcorn:

It was really a gigantic zoning CF that the amendment seeker wouldn't have won whether it was a CPAs office or a home FFL. They haven't granted ANY exceptions in years and those that were granted were downtown on Main Street not far from the Gun Shack.

Apparently to get what he wanted he needed to have the town zoning amended, then seek an exception based on the amendment so that he could apply for the FFL and state licensing. If he got that far I'm told he would be up against the community covenants he signed that prohibit commercial use of the property. Someone there told me the community's covenants allow any homeowner to sue him for compliance with the violator required to cover all legal fees.

It was an interesting meeting. At one point one of the speakers took a survey of how many folks were firearm owners and well over half raised their hands.

F2S

Oct 24, 2013
    I went to the meeting to watch the show. :popcorn:

It was really a gigantic zoning CF that the amendment seeker wouldn't have won whether it was a CPAs office or a home FFL. They haven't granted ANY exceptions in years and those that were granted were downtown on Main Street not far from the Gun Shack.

Apparently to get what he wanted he needed to have the town zoning amended, then seek an exception based on the amendment so that he could apply for the FFL and state licensing. If he got that far I'm told he would be up against the community covenants he signed that prohibit commercial use of the property. Someone there told me the community's covenants allow any homeowner to sue him for compliance with the violator required to cover all legal fees.

It was an interesting meeting. At one point one of the speakers took a survey of how many folks were firearm owners and well over half raised their hands.

I'm no genius when it comes to these things but, I do know of people who run hair salons out of there home in neighborhoods nearby. So they have to go through the same hints this guy is going through for getting permits or approvals to run a business from home?

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I'm no genius when it comes to these things but, I do know of people who run hair salons out of there home in neighborhoods nearby. So they have to go through the same hints this guy is going through for getting permits or approvals to run a business from home?

Carroll County and the Town of Mount Airy do not allow any commercial business that generates foot traffic to operate in a residential zoned area unless they have a zoning exception. From what I've told, the last exception granted was a few years ago near the old part of town.

I just heard today that the guy who applied for the zoning change for his home FFL was offered space inside of The Gun Shack's building and someone from the town tried to broker a shared space arrangement in an industrial area; however he turned both down.

Hope they clarify the zoning and put this to rest as everyone around here is tired of hearing about it.

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    I should have gone but couldn't. Zoning a huge deal but if you read the Gazette the council didn't want it for "safety" reasons. They had already made up their minds on it and tried to get him to resend the request. I think it's time for a new council and mayor of Mount Airy! On the zoning note, they have passed one at least that I know of. The Mason Lodge asked for and got an unrestricted zoning permit on their new (in 2015) meeting place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom