• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    Just out of curiosity, what is the issue with this? 1. Multi billion dollar project to add a second light rail that runs next to the existing one we already have. 2. The route is one of the heaviest traveled roads in the area. It will take all the roads to one lane instead of two. 3. Most of the people that live in the area are spread out over miles. So will not do anything to help the existing community. This project will make our area a traffic nightmare. Also along the route they are planning on adding multiple apartment units to an area already over crowded with population. Many of those units will include section 8 housing.
    Feature-not a bug!

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    While I'm sure there's an impact, I must say I've never ridden the light rail and seen people with bags of loot thrown over their shoulders.

I also find it interesting that the number one complaint of regular users of MTA bus and light rail are their unreliability......yet apparently they are reliable enough to provide an effective means of escape for criminals (?).

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    So they steal stuff, run to the light rail station, and wait......and wait?
    You would have to ask them.
    Do you ever used the light rail or subway? I have not in quite some time. I used to use the subway from OM to the harbor for work. I stopped after a while due to the hood rats and it making me late for work.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    So they steal stuff, run to the light rail station, and wait......and wait?
    Nobody is chasing them to the light rail, by the time they’ve gotten there they’ve gotten away with it. I see it all the time at ALDIs in Timonium. The laundry aisle is a busy one. Seems that they go on FB/CL and resell.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Nobody is chasing them to the light rail, by the time they’ve gotten there they’ve gotten away with it. I see it all the time at ALDIs in Timonium. The laundry aisle is a busy one. Seems that they go on FB/CL and resell.
    Now you know why they charge a quarter to use a damn cart.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    You would have to ask them.
    Do you ever used the light rail or subway? I have not in quite some time. I used to use the subway from OM to the harbor for work. I stopped after a while due to the hood rats and it making me late for work.
    Yeah, I'm not a thief so I wouldn't really know. I've heard/read anecdotes about people stealing and running to the light rail stops. Never seen it happen myself.

I do use the light rail from time to time. Have never used the metro/subway in Baltimore.

I have overall mixed feelings about these things. I grew up in NY where mass transit was just assumed and living near a station was considered an amenity, not a negative. And it continues to make no sense to me that Towson proper has no rail link to downtown. Having said that, I would only support a true subway from Towson to downtown, not another "train-on-a-road" light rail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom