• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    The government is here to tell us what we can and cannot do.

Why else would our founding fathers have establised this constitutional republic?

:sarcasm:

If it pleases the crown, may I humbly beg to exercise one of my God giving rights?

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    A better question than "Why would I want to make a 3D printed gun (except to have a non-serialized)" is, "Why should the government try to stop me?"...

Yes. Why would a government that has amended its Constitution to have a "Right to bear arms" care about those arms having a serial number?

Joe or Amy thug isn't going to file a 77r.

This is just another infringement on legitimate gun ownership by a hostile gun control lobby.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I don't know about anyone else, but doing a 80% Glock type pistol was a fun learning experience. Yes I could have bought one cheaper, but the filing, sanding, the working with my hands was relaxing exactly what a hobby is supposed to be. Plus I learned a lot on how a Glock goes together. It was a confidence building experience with gun smithing. I am sure printing and building a firearm with a 3D printer would be much same and is no more of a concern to the state than building a table, unless your in prison.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Yeah and driving faster than the speed limit is also illegal. How many people break that law every day. A 3D handgun is not going to be used for target practice. They will continue to be made in NJ and everywhere else.

How did that Bump Stock ban go in Mass? How many were turned into the police? Less than 5? If they want to make everyone a criminal, then they will have criminals for a population. Eventually they must realize it's not the tool.

But we won't go there. That's not PC in today's world.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    very serious. why would anyone want to make a lower receiver for other than being non serialized? you don't save any money do you?
    I gave an opportunity to enlighten me but I'm going to assume there is no reason but "because i can" until someone drops some knowledge on me.
    Jeffrey A. Perkins "Heated Debate" JUL 27, 2015 post #15 (onhttp://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/poll-do-y...ry-guns-public ) "Our government was tasked with protecting freedoms and should it fail, our people are to be so equipped that governmental protection of those freedoms is not necessary. Anyone who tells you any different is an enemy of freedom. Tell them I said so."

Any doubts?

See this as to why we must be able to protect ourselves from "our" government.
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost....71&postcount=1

And then there is the Clinton era Janet Reno attack on civilians in Waco too.
    And what these posts say...

A better question than "Why would I want to make a 3D printed gun (except to have a non-serialized)" is, "Why should the government try to stop me?". As others have said, this requires a machine, if you buy a decent one, that would cost as much as cheap firearm to buy, and if you buy a ready made firearm, you'd get a more durable and probably safer one.

You'll hear brainiacs like Juan Williams claiming they are "invisible" and in the same breath saying the TSA is finding more of them. Much like when Glocks first came out proclaimed a "plastic pistol invisible to x-rays". Hogwash.

"Well, kids and others who can't legally buy a firearm are going to just print one". Yeah, they have laws for that already.

The bottom line is this more legislation like anti "assault weapon" laws that does little to nothing to prevent crime. They are just designed to nickle and dime legitimate firearm owners to death by making it too onerous. The ultimate goal is elimination, not, safety.

If it pleases the crown, may I humbly beg to exercise one of my God giving rights?

Yes. Why would a government that has amended its Constitution to have a "Right to bear arms" care about those arms having a serial number?

Joe or Amy thug isn't going to file a 77r.

This is just another infringement on legitimate gun ownership by a hostile gun control lobby.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    We in md will be lucky if all hogan asks for this session is 3D printed guns. We should be so lucky

It's possible that they will only go after 3D guns. It would seem that they like to take 1 bite out of the 2A every year. Some bites are larger than others, but we will see.

I hope they do start with the 3D guns. It's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Oh wait, isn't that what Maryland does best???

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    It's possible that they will only go after 3D guns. It would seem that they like to take 1 bite out of the 2A every year. Some bites are larger than others, but we will see.

I hope they do start with the 3D guns. It's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Oh wait, isn't that what Maryland does best???

Like I said, we would be lucky if that’s all Jordan wants to take from is this year but dumias wants 80’s and will most likely get them and make ours illegal due to no serial number and test assured grandfather king is off the table after the bump stock law

Shit, we will be lucky in md if we have shotguns after Hogan’s next term

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    What legitimate reasons are there to be producing non-serialized lowers or frames for non ffl holders?
    Like seriously I want to hope that I'm missing something. I dont see why this should be legal to begin with.

The real question is why do politicians insist on serializing all firearms and then trying to keep a record of who has what and where?

I'll answer that question: It'll make things easier when the day comes where all law abiding citizens are to be disarmed.

Don't make their job any easier.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I find it quite funny and ironic that, in his profile, JRussell is glad to have had his rights when he lived in Georgia, but now he questions this.

Fudd or plant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    All the hood thugs, drug dealers, human traffickers, will be terrified, all killing in the inner city will now cease.

God Bless Control. Err I mean posturing...

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Thinking

Attachments

• 51EE849F-FB85-4DF7-B0C0-25C82A7ABD09.jpg
      51EE849F-FB85-4DF7-B0C0-25C82A7ABD09.jpg
      54.5 KB · Views: 103

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts