• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nyu04

Mar 5, 2009
    Maryland
    Hi everyone,

My name is Tom and I'm new to the area. I grew up on the West coast (CA) and moved to the east coast for grad school. Finished school, got married, found a job in MD and here I am.

I stumbled upon this site by accident and I'm glad I did. I'm a novice to firearms so if you see me at the local ranges struggling - don't laugh too hard :o

I look forward to meeting some of you soon!

jhason

Jan 29, 2009
    MontCo
    Hi Tom,

Are you working in NAS Patuxent River? Just wondering... I lived in St. Mary's County for a while and my parents still live there. I'm up in Montgomery County now.

Jhason

Hi everyone,

My name is Tom and I'm new to the area. I grew up on the West coast (CA) and moved to the east coast for grad school. Finished school, got married, found a job in MD and here I am.

I stumbled upon this site by accident and I'm glad I did. I'm a novice to firearms so if you see me at the local ranges struggling - don't laugh too hard :o

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Hi everyone,

Don't worry about being a noob. If you ask for help here you're likely to receive more than you thought possible.

nyu04

Mar 5, 2009
    Maryland
    First - thank you guys for the warm welcome!

To answer your questions -

I grew up in Southern California in orange county. Great place but I wanted to see the East coast. Being young and stupid, I naturally picked the most expensive city to live in the entire country (NYC) to do my post grad studies. After finishing up my postgrad studies here in MD, I was offered a job here in SoMD. Following some questionable advice, my wife and I ended up buying a home in Waldorf. I now work in the private sector in both Charles and St. Mary's County.

I used to own a few firearms in CA but had to sell them since the school dorms in NYC didn't allow firearms (I called and asked :D). Never got to fire them much (ranges were far from me, overcrowded, and expensive) so I'm basically restarting my shooting hobby.

I'm sure I'll be asking plenty of noob questions soon enough so thanks in advance!

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Welcome!

Attachments

• Welcome 2.jpg
      Welcome 2.jpg
      44.3 KB · Views: 263

Luke 12:49

A Good Ole Boy
    Feb 18, 2009
    Culvert County
    First - thank you guys for the warm welcome!

To answer your questions -

I grew up in Southern California in orange county. Great place but I wanted to see the East coast. Being young and stupid, I naturally picked the most expensive city to live in the entire country (NYC) to do my post grad studies. After finishing up my postgrad studies here in MD, I was offered a job here in SoMD. Following some questionable advice, my wife and I ended up buying a home in Waldorf. I now work in the private sector in both Charles and St. Mary's County.

I used to own a few firearms in CA but had to sell them since the school dorms in NYC didn't allow firearms (I called and asked :D). Never got to fire them much (ranges were far from me, overcrowded, and expensive) so I'm basically restarting my shooting hobby.

I'm sure I'll be asking plenty of noob questions soon enough so thanks in advance!

Ah so you're down yonder over in War-doff eh? Well, I think it would be safe to say you'll need some "toys" for yourself at home!

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Welcome,
    Myrtle Grove is close to Waldorf and easy to arrange meetings with members for assistance. St Charles Sportsman Club is also close and a better facility. Associate memberships are available starting the membership renewal period now. Great outdoor ranges as well as an indoor range. Further south is Sanners Lake Sportsmans Club. Ask any questions and a MDShooters member is happy to answer. :D

donmega334

Mar 5, 2009
    Whosville
    Following some questionable advice, my wife and I ended up buying a home in Waldorf. I now work in the private sector in both Charles and St. Mary's County.
    !

Welcome to SoMD and the forum, whoever told you to buy a house in Waldorf must not like you very much. :lol2:

When your building up your arsenal stay away from Fred's Sports; they're high priced, arrogant (salesman argued with me, was adamant that I couldn't put .32 S&W in the .327 Ruger I was picking up from them), and once they get your money you're forgotten. At least that has been my experience in dealing with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom