• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    This whole thread actually has me looking into the HK. Now to find one to borrow and send a few rounds down range. :)
    Well, it will be November 25th before you could borrow one. They are approved on the 17th, so the eighth day after that.
    No. You're not borrowing mine :)

bnich82

African American w/a Gun!
    Dec 8, 2011
    He told me that pricing would start with a 6. I'm not currently in the market so I didn't press for an exact price.

Man at those prices, I'm glad I got in on the HK Pro Group Buy for $565 w night sites and x2 10 round mags...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yes. Identical in size. Little wider than the 17. This is my conundrum now. Since my MK25 is my "full size"pistol.
    Maybe I'll part with my shield to alleviate some of the financial pain. Lol I hate wanting and not needing.

Didn't you just get the Shield? Prefer your small revolver (LCR?) as a bug instead?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Didn't you just get the Shield? Prefer your small revolver (LCR?) as a bug instead?

I love the LCR. The wife keeps it handy. Not liking the shield much now. Been having a going into battery issue. It's ever so slight and I really don't mind giving the slide a bump forward, but I'm tired of messing with it and want to dump it and start over.
    I don't mind getting rid of one pistol if it helps bring another one home :)

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Before buying the VP9, given the current paucity of user feedback (in addition to professional reviews), you should see if there's an opportunity to try it, and maybe a similar shooter (e.g. PPQ) in parallel. I'm also interested in a VP9 (and have a PPQ) but want to put a few rounds through one before buying after some of what I've read online. We test drive cars all the time, even the less expensive clunkers.
    If you want something smaller than a VP9/PPQ/229 but bigger than the Shield in 9mm, can borrow my P99C AS for a spin. It's got many of the nice characteristics of a PPQ and P99, but in a smaller package. Hard as hell to find though.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Ive been debating trading my P30 and getting a VP9 as my local shop has them for a great price but the P30 is sentimental. I get attached to things too easily.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I know a shop who says they have "plenty" of VP9s available on the 17th. They will be pinned magazines though. Well, not for me. But anyway.... LOL

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm interested in the VP9...what shop is this?

I have a wish list of 5 guns and a small budget.

worth a shot. $700 with pinned mags, unless exempt. $19 off MSRP retail. Only place I know within reason who says they have "plenty". I'll be there 10 a.m. on the 17th.

The grip is awesome. I can manipulate the mag release just fine. I like that the controls are ambi since I like to shoot left handed as well. It doesn't feel "full size" even tho it has the same dimensions as a G17, but a lil wider.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    worth a shot. $700 with pinned mags, unless exempt. $19 off MSRP retail. Only place I know within reason who says they have "plenty". I'll be there 10 a.m. on the 17th.

The grip is awesome. I can manipulate the mag release just fine. I like that the controls are ambi since I like to shoot left handed as well. It doesn't feel "full size" even tho it has the same dimensions as a G17, but a lil wider.

I need to take a day, gather up my small bank roll, and road trip to some shops. Hard to find the time for a 3-4 hour trip to look at guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom