• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Went in-- so far I'm not impressed much with selection, prices, and ambiance. I'm sure it will serve the Urbana clientele ok but right now---meh. I'll give it another go in about six months to see how things change.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Seems to me if someone enters a store and causes a ruckus they can be asked to leave or the police can come and take them out. Not sure how a driver's license shows who's safe or not and who's an anti-gun loon?

It might deter some of those intent on harassment if they know that their identity is recorded. We all know how haters love to hide behind masks and hoodies.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    It might deter some of those intent on harassment if they know that their identity is recorded. We all know how haters love to hide behind masks and hoodies.

No doubt. It may deter people from ever going there too.

As mentioned, its a free country. They can do what they like of course. I sincerely wish them the best but I will say that it's difficult to survive in this marketplace without support from real gun owners. It's definitely a hard pass for me. I'd rather get to know them the old fashioned way. You know, hey how are you? My name is Joe Blow...what's yours? What type of guns are you interested in?

What do I know.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

So, you think they're recording the info off of the ID's? If so that seems way over the top.

For the record I had to look up where Urbana was so the chances of me visiting the store were not that great anyway.
    But I have traveled to United and Atlantic before. And was treated great at both places.

dwb1987

Mar 6, 2013
    Frederick County
    Good evening to this crazy chat!
    to start i thought the left wingers were bad but this is something else... give us a break as a new shop. As many know I am the tall blonde outside asking for ID's, trying to keep myself safe and put guns into safe hands. Thanks to those who have respected me outside as many chose not to. BIG thanks to those who had my back while being verbally attacked by anti gun nuts or simply over your ID. Safety and ethics comes first before profit.
    All this talk about ID is hilarious. We are a members only store. We have had a lot of anti gun people coming in to create drama. We are pro second amendment, we are issuing FREE membership cards. We have to know our clients and what they are interested in. Once issued a membership card you never have to show ID again, we are trying to keep those out who just want to waste time telling us guns are bad,etc. Anti gun extremist exist and we are meeting many being close to villages. Away from all the drama... the grand opening will be opening SUNDAY THE 11th at noon.
    over 100 guns in stock, over 750k rounds of ammo. I hope this clears some things up for you members and makes you think twice about giving your ID at a bar/gas station for cigarettes / beer...
    Thank you so much to those who have supported us and continue to do so. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend and I look forward to meeting more enthusiastic people.

Do you guys record the info for these "memberships" in some fashion? If so what is your policy for when the ATF/FBI/whatever alphabet soup agency asks to see this list? I'd hope you could understand the hesitancy from people to just blindly let you record personal information just for the ability to browse your store. And I've never had to show ID just to step foot into a liquor store...

And fwiw, I've never heard of any of the shops (United, Engage, Atlantic) in far more liberal montgomery county having any problems with anti-gun libs coming in to cause problems or requiring ID checks just to enter the store..

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    And fwiw, I've never heard of any of the shops (United, Engage, Atlantic) in far more liberal montgomery county having any problems with anti-gun libs coming in to cause problems or requiring ID checks just to enter the store..

Frederick is the new Montgomery.

Embrace Authority.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ok , we're in a marginally free State in a semi- free country , by all means operate your legal " endeavor " as you see fit .

A * private membership club , that happens to sell guns to members * is certainly Different . I can't really call it a regular business if you purposefully exclude the public . But hey , maybe you can develop your own unique niche , kind of like a " guntry club , without range facility . Maybe there's an untapped market of potential and closeted gun owners who don't want to have to be in proximity of low brow gun owners .

You presumably knew you were in Urbana when contemplating opening ? It's certainly a promising locale for an actual gun business , growing population with disposable income , etc .

As alluded , Atlantic , United , Engage , Gunrunners , Gilberts , and several in Northern Virginia are deeper in the belly of the leftist beast , and function as conventional , open to the public businesses .

But hey , maybe we're wrong , and you're misunderstood . You have some excellent opportunities to convince us ! There are now regular gun shows again , Fredrick , and Howard Fairgrounds are both within your primary marketing areas , and tables are available . Come on out , show us your goods , services , and cheerful customer service, and enlighten us to the benefits of patronizing , opps , joining .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Come on out , show us your goods , services , and cheerful customer service, and enlighten us to the benefits of patronizing , opps , joining .

Tut, tut, that sounds a bit patronizing.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    So, you think they're recording the info off of the ID's? If so that seems way over the top.

For the record I had to look up where Urbana was so the chances of me visiting the store were not that great anyway.
    But I have traveled to United and Atlantic before. And was treated great at both places.

No idea, but I doubt it. But I also doubt anyone intent on causing trouble is going to hand over an ID. They must have gotten a huge amount of flack about opening where they did. I can’t say I’m surprised though. It seems like an odd location given the community there.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    sad

No idea, but I doubt it. But I also doubt anyone intent on causing trouble is going to hand over an ID. They must have gotten a huge amount of flack about opening where they did. I can’t say I’m surprised though. It seems like an odd location given the community there.

fifteen years ago that was country

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV

United is always worth the trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    United and Engage are practically a stones throw from each other, great stores.

Atlantic guns is less than 2 miles from Engage. United is more like 6-7 miles away.

All good shops, IMO.

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    Can't say I'm thrilled about the idea of being carded upon entry, but if they're trying to be like a members-only gun store, I can kinda see the appeal.

As for the manager lady's concerns about anti-gunners, I've spent a decent amount of time working in Urbana for the last few years, and I can definitely confirm that the Karens there are of a special kind; they're all either recent transplants or border-hoppers from MoCo, they're all entitled, and they all believe they're there to civilize the backward residents of Frederick County—nevermind the fact that they're there because they destroyed Montgomery, like the pack of locusts they are. I can 100% see them going in just to freak out and then demand to see a manager, then call the police when asked to leave. I can also see them taking photos of license plates of store-goers, etc.; keep in mind, this store is right next to one of the main watering holes, so you'll probably have no end of tipsy Karens to deal with.

In that light, I can understand their caution, and I might be willing to give their subscription thing a try—provided they have anything worth buying. I'd also be interested to know what the perks of said membership are? Do I get credit toward ammo after a certain number of purchases, for example? Just a thought.

I think perhaps it would behoove them to post on MDS more frequently, and perhaps explain their business model to show us the appeal of a membership. I'm all for helping out a local shop, but so far their rollout is a bit lackluster.

kaliroger

Jul 20, 2018
    Frederick County, MD
    I am guessing their business model is to be high end source. By the way, just so you know they don't just card you when you enter they make a copy of your drivers license whether you buy or don't buy. However, they swear your PI will be safe with them.
    Here is a YouTube video, in case you are curious of what the place is like and don't want them to have your PI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69zNbHB5L1A

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I am guessing their business model is to be high end source. By the way, just so you know they don't just card you when you enter they make a copy of your drivers license whether you buy or don't buy. However, they swear your PI will be safe with them.
    Here is a YouTube video, in case you are curious of what the place is like and don't want them to have your PI:

That’s crazy. Nope.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

Interesting video. Kind of however made me NOT want to go now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom