• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    On a similar subject. Has anyone bought a second "Cheap" safe to store ammo in? I am running out of room quickly in my main cabinet and getting my ammo store out of there would definitely free up some space. I was thinking of getting one of the cheap single wall specials on sale. Not fire proof or anything but it would just be the ammo and it would keep it relatively safe form someone just randomly picking it up if they happen to be in my residence.

I use roll-away tool chests. They're lockable, a little more than a cheap safe, plus they double as ... well as tool chests:lol2:

adjusterr

Mar 28, 2011
    Indian Springs, Western MD
    New Gun Safe in Unheated Garage Reply to Thread

Two Goldenrods have taken care of my large gun safe for many years, in an unheated basement room. Evidently, the Goldenrods generate enough heat to prevent temp changes and the resultant condensation.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Are the dehumidifying rods from Liberty as good as the brand name "Goldenrods" ? They appear to do the same thing. Or is everyone just using the term "goldenrods" to describe the same thing. I have to order the electric kit and at least one of these soon before I put it in place in the garage and loading it with my firearms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom