New Gun Control Package Introduced in House (2021)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/rep-maloney-proposes-gun-control-package_3692693.html

House Oversight and Reform Committee Chairwoman Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.) presented five gun control bills on Wednesday.

One of the bills, according to The Hill, is the Handgun Trigger Act, which aims to encourage the development of “smart-gun technology,” which would only allow authorized gun owners to fire the weapon.

Another bill, the Gun Trafficking Prevention Act, seeks to make the purchasing of a gun for an unauthorized person a felony instead of a misdemeanor.

Maloney also proposed the Firearm Risks Protection Act, which requires gun owners to obtain liability insurance.

The other two bills that the New York Democrat is proposing are the Gunshow Loop Hole Act, which orders gun show sellers to perform background checks when selling a firearm, and the NICS Review Act, which aims at having the FBI hold on to records of the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) for three months in order to allow the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives evaluate the data.

In 2020, federal authorities carried out more than 39.5 million firearms background checks.

Maloney was optimistic her legislative package, which would need at a minimum 10 Republican votes, would pass the Senate.

“We’re particularly positioned well to pass these bills that have been around a long time, and that the American people … overwhelmingly support,” she said. “So we have a very good opportunity.”

Maloney didn’t immediately respond to a request by The Epoch Times for comment.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Another bill, the Gun Trafficking Prevention Act, seeks to make the purchasing of a gun for an unauthorized person a felony instead of a misdemeanor.

What's the downside to this one? On the surface it makes sense.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA

if we don't trust someone to not get their hands on a gun, we shouldn't let them out of friggin jail. all this background check and related bs, all on hopes and dreams of keeping guns out of the hands of established, violent criminals. i'm tired of having all this crap thrown at us, when simply putting and keeping criminals in jail would solve 99.99% of repeat violent crime. overcrowded, tough crap. covid, tough crap.

Last edited:

ed bernay

Feb 18, 2011

The anti 2a jackoffs idea of having a conversation on guns and compromise is them telling us how much of our rights they are going to let us keep for now. When do things go the other way? When we do they compromise? How about when I visit my family in FL, if I see a handgun I want to purchase, it be NICS and then cash & carry? This would be just like how long guns are treated.
    They are full of $hit. Not one more inch!!

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    They are full of $hit. Not one more inch!!

pretty much where i am. loudoun county wants to ban guns on all county-owned property. county-owned = ME - owned, i certainly pay enough in taxes every year to them. just friggin enough, put and keep criminals in jail and your violent crime problem goes away.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County

because, in this state, purchasing a rifle for your 17y/o son would be a felony. Or for your 20y/o daughter.

Or the person who purchased a rifle for Kyle Rittenhouse, which he used to (IMHO) defend himself, would be prosecuted for a felony.

Basically it is more of the same ignoring the violence problem, the mental health problem and prosecuting everyone BUT the people who USE firearms for malintent.

So no, I disagree that it makes sense

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Selectively enforced. They don't even prosecute the current laws now except selectively

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

It’s already a felony under federal law. Do we really need a redundant state law that prosecutors will just drop anyway during the plea bargain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It’s already a felony under federal law. Do we really need a redundant state law that prosecutors will just drop anyway during the plea bargain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not what WE need; it's what the legislators need, to show how they're tough on guns and supportive of the fears they've engendered in their voting base. It alsoo demonstrated allegiance to significant sources of funding.

Legislation in Maryland is seldom if ever about the needs of the citizenry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom