• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • siggirl1911

Dec 6, 2016
    Baltimore co.
    Welcome

Just wait until you want to suppress those handguns with a silencer, look for a good carry gun, or get into cowgirl shooting with black powder single action six-shooters :innocent0

Yeah, this place can cause a huge sink hole in your gun budget.

Im sure hubby loves that i shoot but im also sure apart of him hates I like it as much as I do bc now his gun budget is split in half having to share with me.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    That's awesome! How old is she? My daughter has shot our .22 has her own ears and eyes but I can't wait til she is older and can take her more frequently. She is only 5

I started all 4 of my kids at 5. A family Chipmunk rifle was a great buy for me. However, they all got their own rifle by the age of 7. My daughter picked a Henry 22 lever action carbine. She's 25 now and still loves to shoot it.

It has always been their responsibility when they shoot it, they have to clean it. Even at an early age, they helped me clean the rifles that we shot that day.

We also aimed at every target. There wasn't a time that we didn't try our very best. I would have prizes if they did something special. For some reason, every time they went out shooting, they did something special. :innocent0

Having FUN is the key at that age. Buy a few fun targets for her to shoot. Bullseye shooting can get boring for them. At one point, I bought some craft paper and they made their own targets. Whatever they wanted to shoot at, they could draw and that would be their target for the day. We killed a lot of dinosaurs back then.

I hope you keep shooting as a family activity, we sure have enjoyed it through the years.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Ha! funny thread chatter. Welcome from monkey County!!! Damn, .22 right to a 1911? You go girl...as was stated earlier, we may be the Addams Family, but we are family nonetheless. I would not want it any other way. I am proud to call everyone here a family, regardless of arguments, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom