• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Has anyone had any experience with them? It is going to be my first ar15, and I'm looking for a reasonable price, and $600 seems nice. I would go for a spikes lower but everyone is sold out and this one really caught my eye. If you have one or know someone who has one and has any good or ba things to say about it please let me know

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I was actually looking at the full deal for that lower and an upper for $600. All I plane on doing with it is killing paper

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    If all your looking to do is punch paper (maybe some steel later) - should be good to go.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    there were some not so good reviews of them on Joe Bobs the other day, haven't checked today.

The New Frontier Armory Lowers
    have a 4.6 star rating, out of 5, for a $100 lower. IMO, that's probably as good as its going to get for ANY product with a large enough sample group.

You always gotta take reviews with a grain of salt and look at any customer claims to see if they make sense. Many customers are n00bs, and many don't understand how things work. We have customers all the time order the wrong product, swap out products wrong, mess things up, etc.

For the money, they're awesome. With that said, they're not the best. For an entry level rifle/lower they're a great deal. Don't compare it to a Seekins lower though.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    there were some not so good reviews of them on Joe Bobs the other day, haven't checked today.

Thats where I heard about the stock and other than a lot of 4 because people haven't used it yet, I didn't see to many negative comments

miben

Sep 29, 2007
    NC formerly Eldersburg MD
    I was thinking about one but the issue with the pins scared me off. Someone replaced the polymer pins with standard steel pins but the holes had to be filled in. What would be used to fill in the hole to make them fit? Also what parts are metal within the lower? I would assume the hammer and sear but could not find details.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    I was thinking about one but the issue with the pins scared me off. Someone replaced the polymer pins with standard steel pins but the holes had to be filled in. What would be used to fill in the hole to make them fit? Also what parts are metal within the lower? I would assume the hammer and sear but could not find details.

Again, take reviews with a grain of salt. The lower is 100% mil spec except the integrated trigger guard. You can swap any parts around you like without any modifications just like a forged stripped lower. What that customer meant I have no idea. It doesn't make sense the customer would have to "fill" in any holes? :confused:

The FCG is polymer. The hammer/trigger pins, bolt catch, end plate, buffer tube, and castle nut, and springs are all metal. The rest is polymer.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Thanks for all of the info and input guys. I would eventually swap a lot of the stuff out, but I plan on getting this cheaper lower with plans to upgrade the heck out of it as money becomes more available but for now all I care about is getting some lead down range

miben

Sep 29, 2007
    NC formerly Eldersburg MD
    Thanks for the info. That helps a great deal, I don't know why none of the information states that the internals are steel and fully interchangable. I wonder what the trigger group is made of. Is the sear polmer? It seems to be common sense but you can't tell from the pics or descriptions. I also checked Frontier Armory's site, and they have alot of information but skipped over the basics that you mentioned.

Last edited:

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Thanks for the info. That helps a great deal, I don't know why none of the information states that the internals are steel and fully interchangable. I wonder what the trigger group is made of. Is the sear polmer? It seems to be common sense but you can't tell from the pics or descriptions. I also checked Frontier Armory's site, and they have alot of information but skipped over the basics that you mentioned.

The trigger group is polymer and a proprietary one. You can't swap parts inbetween mil spec kits and the polymer FCG, but you can swap in a whole new FCG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom