• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    Still editing, and I already have 2 likes :D

I do not hate the Governor at all, I do not agree with him on many things, but that is simply part of the Country of ours works, disagreement allows for taking a look at the views and ideas of others. In politics, the intent is that the elected individual will work for the will of the people, and not on their own agenda. The aggressively anti- 2nd Amendment legislation that the Governor is attempting to pass, lacks common sense. In face of overwhelming protest for the legislation from the Citizens of Maryland, the decision is to press ahead with poorly written legislation. He has said that the majority of the Citizens of Maryland favor his legislation. If he wishes to use this method of promoting his agenda, then all he needs to do is to submit it to a referendum. I promote reasonable gun control laws, common sense laws do not generate 60+ pieces of legislation, with duplication among bills, or a peacefully assembled line of Citizens of Maryland that force the Maryland State Police to close the building, for reasons of fire safety occupancy requirements. The Governor chose instead of listening to the large number of Citizens, to blame the size of the assembly on flawed reasoning. With this precedent for his way of representing the Citizens of Maryland, I can only think that he has no place on the National Stage. While I am a life long Democrat, and voted for the Governor in past elections, I can not vote for him in any Federal level position. I am saddened that he puts me in this positon, but we can only judge by his actions, and not his words.

Waitwhat

Feb 19, 2013
    Still editing, and I already have 2 likes :D

I do not hate the Governor at all, I do not agree with him on many things, but that is simply part of the Country of ours works, disagreement allows for taking a look at the views and ideas of others. In politics, the intent is that the elected individual will work for the will of the people, and not on their own agenda. The aggressively anti- 2nd Amendment legislation that the Governor is attempting to pass, lacks common sense. In face of overwhelming protest for the legislation from the Citizens of Maryland, the decision is to press ahead with poorly written legislation. He has said that the majority of the Citizens of Maryland favor his legislation. If he wishes to use this method of promoting his agenda, then all he needs to do is to submit it to a referendum. I promote reasonable gun control laws, common sense laws do not generate 60+ pieces of legislation, with duplication among bills, or a peacefully assembled line of Citizens of Maryland that force the Maryland State Police to close the building, for reasons of fire safety occupancy requirements. The Governor chose instead of listening to the large number of Citizens, to blame the size of the assembly on flawed reasoning. With this precedent for his way of representing the Citizens of Maryland, I can only think that he has no place on the National Stage. While I am a life long Democrat, and voted for the Governor in past elections, I can not vote for him in any Federal level position. I am saddened that he puts me in this positon, but we can only judge by his actions, and not his words.

One of those is me. Very well written post.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Did my part:

8493148063_c8a60f00f0.jpg

flying_pig

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2013
    I know this is way too fun but can we all take a minute to send an email to our legislators voicing our opposition to any restriction on our 2A rights? I just did and figured I would give it a mention here. Only takes a minute with the AGC tool.

Now, back to having FB wars!

Waitwhat

Feb 19, 2013
    Just commented as well (I'm the dude in the kilt). This page seems like it was meant to provide O'Malley with some supportive screenshots. Let's not give him the satisfaction.

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    I know this is way too fun but can we all take a minute to send an email to our legislators voicing our opposition to any restriction on our 2A rights? I just did and figured I would give it a mention here. Only takes a minute with the AGC tool.

haha

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

I did that too and got maybe 3-4 personal responses and a dozen automated replies.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Ha ha. Lots of posts deleted. They even deleted their posts because of people commenting on them. :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Put this on my page:

8493170201_9e172249e7_z.jpg

Waitwhat

Feb 19, 2013
    Haha yup. Looks like it already started over there.

Yeah, posting on his page has become something of a between class ritual for me. From what I've seen, the comments have been almost universally pro-gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom