• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    Got the Cold steel recon 1. Courtesy of a fellow MDS member and knife aficionado Sniperart. Used it at work all week, loving this blade.
    f14525cf.jpg

bea4bf74.jpg

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    I have the 50/50 Tanto; it's very Sharp with a strong locking mechanism. It's a great knife, but a little too big to be my everyday carry. To me, the Recon 1 is more of a survival folder.

ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    Saw this on your facebook page last week. Found one at the gun show in chantilly this weekend to checkout. All though impressive and of high quality it was just too big for my taste and didn't fit my hand quite right which is why I didn't bring one home.

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    Saw this on your facebook page last week. Found one at the gun show in chantilly this weekend to checkout. All though impressive and of high quality it was just too big for my taste and didn't fit my hand quite right which is why I didn't bring one home.

Yeah, everything I paracord goes to my page first. Took me about a week to post it over here, mainly because I wanted to try it out for a bit before I made my call. It's actually only about a half inch longer(folded) than my trident. Open however, it's a full inch longer overall. The only drawback is that it's wide. The profile is a good 3/4" (closed)wider mainly due to the bigger blade. The pocket clip pulls a bit hard on the pocket due to the very tactile g-10 scales. The parafob I attached aliviates this problem nicely, by giving me more to get ahold of to get it out of the pocket. I really feel that it aides my speed of draw considerably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mr88

Latest threads

Top Bottom