Attachments

• 2012-01-16_21-06-40_688.jpg
      2012-01-16_21-06-40_688.jpg
      61 KB · Views: 862

Screwtop.243

Ouch...that thing kicks
    Jul 7, 2011
    People's republic of MD
    Here's Ole reliable.....A Browning A-Bolt chambered in .243 (of course). More white-tail have dropped to this than anything else in my safe. Now, I need a Browning with something other than "Made in Japan" stamped on the barrel (and another safe!).

Attachments

• IMG_1625.jpg
      IMG_1625.jpg
      66.5 KB · Views: 658

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Here's 4 that I generally use. I have a few others, but they don't see much action in the woods.

My "daily driver" or "working gun" as I call it. I love this gun, it's a bit heavy, but it has never let me down.

DPMS .308
    deer gun 308 1.jpg

My first rifle, I've taken a ton of deer with the thing. If it could talk it would go on for days. I take it every gun season as a back up or to use if I hunt out of my climber. I'll never let it go and hopefully pass it down to my kids.

Ruger M77 .243
    deer gun 243.jpg

My black powder, got to say this is one of my favorite rifles. I've dropped every deer, but one with it.

T/C 50 cal Triumph
    deer gun BP.jpg

Last, but not least my shotgun. I love this thing, extremely accurate for a shotgun. It loves Hornady SSTs.

Remington 870 Super Slug with Sure Shot stock
    deer gun 870.jpg

The .308, Triumph, and 870 were all purchased from Dan @ Gun Connection as well as all of the accessories on them. He really took care of me and provided me with 3 solid hunting guns.
    :thumbsup:

This is my T/C Icon in .308. It now sports a different scope. It is stupid accurate with match ammo, damn accurate with hunting ammo.

Thompson%252520Center%252520308.jpg

The top rifle is a pre-81 Browning BLR in .308. I love that gun. The bottom one is a Marlin 1894C in .357 Magnum. I have killed deer with both, albeit at shorter range with the Marlin (Buffalo Bore ammo).

photo.jpg

Screwtop.243

Ouch...that thing kicks
    Jul 7, 2011
    People's republic of MD
    I do not understand why browning of all makers would make them in japan

Well, others can correct me if I'm wrong but I think Browning's venture with Japan dates back to 1966 with certain models.

IMHO, the Japanese know what they're doing from a manufacturing standpoint. They may not necessarily be innovators but they are quality and reliability fanatics. I've heard that some of the Weatherby Mark V's they turn out are among the best.

That said, I still like the idea of "Made in the USA" or anywhere else for that matter, as long as it meets my quality and reliability needs.

Best,

ST.243

I do not understand why browning of all makers would make them in japan
    Browning guns had been made in Belgium since John Moses Browning visited FN in 1902. In fact, he died in Belgium. He designed the Browning Hi-Power for FN. In the mid-1960's Browning entered a manufacturing agreement with Miroku in Japan. Miroku is an old and respected manufacturer of firearms. Models previously made in Belgium started to be manufactured in Japan.

During WWII, Remington was making Browning weapons.

Now, Browning is owned by FN Herstal, as is Miroku and Winchester Arms.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Dont seem to have a pic of my Mossberg 500 Crown combo in 12G but here is my Marlin 30/30, i got bored waiting for a deer.:D

Attachments

• 1129001031 (1).jpg
      1129001031 (1).jpg
      86.5 KB · Views: 465

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom