Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    UPDATE 7/29 These dates still have availability:
    October 29-30 only 2 spots open
    November 12-13 only 6 spots open
    December 10-11
    Other dates under review, check back often.
    250.00 for the course, email miles71@comcast.net for information. Seats are limited and are filling fast. Course is held at Delta Peach Bottom Fish and Game Club in Delta Pa. just outside of Harford County Md.

Last edited:

sd40ve

Oct 31, 2017
    wherever i'm sent
    These dates still have availability:
    July 28-29 *NEW DATES*
    August 23-24
    October 15-16
    November 12-13
    250.00 for the course, email miles71@comcast.net for information. Seats are limited and are filling fast. Course is held at Delta Peach Bottom Fish and Game Club in Delta Pa. just outside of Harford County Md.
    sending email now... interested in Aug dates.

robslonecker

Jan 28, 2021
    These dates still have availability:
    July 28-29 *NEW DATES*
    August 23-24
    October 15-16
    November 12-13
    Will Maryland accept your course?
    I know Maryland is picky when accepting something from out of state.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I just want to say that all the students I have worked with the last few weeks have been great. While the experience levels have been varied, all have done a terrific job. I look forward to meeting more who want to learn.

Unfortunately I continue to hear stories about courses only doing the minimum, or even worse, doing less and falsifying documents. Talk to the instructor and do some research. You can feel how you want about the training requirement, but it’s The way it is right now. I’ll say it here, if you only want to minimum my course is not right for you.

Still some spots in Oct, Nov, and Dec courses. Email me at miles71@comcast.net for info and to register. Course cost is 250.00

TD

ICW2019

Mar 8, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    I just want to say that all the students I have worked with the last few weeks have been great. While the experience levels have been varied, all have done a terrific job. I look forward to meeting more who want to learn.

Unfortunately I continue to hear stories about courses only doing the minimum, or even worse, doing less and falsifying documents. Talk to the instructor and do some research. You can feel how you want about the training requirement, but it’s The way it is right now. I’ll say it here, if you only want to minimum my course is not right for you.

Still some spots in Oct, Nov, and Dec courses. Email me at miles71@comcast.net for info and to register. Course cost is 250.00

TD
    Does MSP audit licensed or certified trainers for course length or content? Seems like it could become a legal issue if enough are skirting the minimums?

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Does MSP audit licensed or certified trainers for course length or content? Seems like it could become a legal issue if enough are skirting the minimums?
    I have heard they do check on instructors and after the guy got caught and charged from Baltimore Co I’ve also heard they were looking closer at classes. Of course now they are busy with processing permits so……..

TD

ICW2019

Mar 8, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    I have heard they do check on instructors and after the guy got caught and charged from Baltimore Co I’ve also heard they were looking closer at classes. Of course now they are busy with processing permits so……..

TD
    I posted below this thread about that and some conversation about what could have been done to all the "applicants" who put no time in whatsoever. I'd be interested in some thoughts.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I posted below this thread about that and some conversation about what could have been done to all the "applicants" who put no time in whatsoever. I'd be interested in some thoughts.
    My opinion, their permits and HQLs are invalid. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. What that person did was not cool and should be treated as a crime. I also have a hard time thinking the people taking advantage of such a situation are totally innocent. I am sure, unfortunately, some "instructors" are still signing of on those "16 hour" courses that are in fact much much much shorter.

I heard the term "bootleg" course the other day, sure you can figure that one out.

TD

ICW2019

Mar 8, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    My opinion, their permits and HQLs are invalid. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. What that person did was not cool and should be treated as a crime. I also have a hard time thinking the people taking advantage of such a situation are totally innocent. I am sure, unfortunately, some "instructors" are still signing of on those "16 hour" courses that are in fact much much much shorter.

I heard the term "bootleg" course the other day, sure you can figure that one out.

TD
    I was wondering if they were getting charged as well and yes it should be obvious some guy gives you a qual sheet from something you haven't actually shot lol. I assumed if MSP cared they probably just contacted them and said the permits were invalid like you say.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I was wondering if they were getting charged as well and yes it should be obvious some guy gives you a qual sheet from something you haven't actually shot lol. I assumed if MSP cared they probably just contacted them and said the permits were invalid like you say.
    Especially since the qualification sheet has a signature in which you verify what you did. Hmmmmm

TD

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    . I’ll say it here, if you only want to minimum my course is not right for you.

Good for You !

Good for offering an option than some want .

Good for being upfront about it for potential students. So that they don't inadvertently end up in the wrong class .

Good for all your students who made informed decisions to self select your classes .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom