• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I am seeing a ton of classified ads now that don't list a location/area where the FTF transaction will take place. While I understand that you don't want to write your home address on MDS, MD's not that small of a state, and the difference between Salisbury and Cumberland (for example) is pretty huge. I would propose requiring a location/area for the FTF transaction for any ad that is not "shipped prices".

(Yes, you could message them. But that's a waste of time for both parties.)

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Sounds good to me. I write the specifics of payment accepted and location for meet up in the ad. I also include general times as my location is variable during the week.

Tend to ignore ads that don't include location at least in general terms.

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    Is trunk of ford Taurus an acceptable answer?

I keed i keeed

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    If the seller is not smart enough to tell us where in the state they are located that's on them. Not inclined to add another "rule" but that's me. If I do FTF only I always tell folks my zip code or city in the ad.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Is trunk of ford Taurus an acceptable answer?

I keed i keeed
    I was thinking more like this…
    IMG_1615.gif

89P13

May 10, 2023
    The Island
    I agree. Even a county would suffice if it were a smaller one. I’ve seen many things I’d be interested in but I don’t find out until some conversation assuming it’s “local” but turns out they’re hours away and the deal is dead. I’ve started asking up front now in PMs but it’s a waste of time for both parties as mentioned.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    If the seller is not smart enough to tell us where in the state they are located that's on them. Not inclined to add another "rule" but that's me. If I do FTF only I always tell folks my zip code or city in the ad.
    Agree 100%. Life's tougher without common sense and critical thinking skills

WarChief

MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2023
    Pasadena
    I am seeing a ton of classified ads now that don't list a location/area where the FTF transaction will take place. While I understand that you don't want to write your home address on MDS, MD's not that small of a state, and the difference between Salisbury and Cumberland (for example) is pretty huge. I would propose requiring a location/area for the FTF transaction for any ad that is not "shipped prices".

(Yes, you could message them. But that's a waste of time for both parties.)
    Genius

C&RTactical

Jul 24, 2013
    I am not against this. Definitely one of those basic courtesies of put up the sales post you want to see. Put all the details for FAQ's of sales details as much as you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom