• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BerBer5985

Apr 3, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I just picked this up yesterday from Paul at Constitutional Firearms! Super guy to work with! I highly recommend for both service and price! But here's my S&W 629 3" Talo Edition. It's gorgeous and I can't wait to shoot it! Too bad it's raining today or I'd be at the range. I'm very curious just to see how much recoil this thing really has!

photo1-55.jpg

BerBer5985

Apr 3, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Thanks I'm super excited to shoot it. I have a ruger gp100, but I've always wanted a snubby large bore for some manly reason. I guess its overcompensation ;).

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    44 SPL should be no problem but hot 44 Mag may have you thinking about getting some Hogues or Pachmayrs for that roundbutt instead of the wood.

BerBer5985

Apr 3, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    And I'm sure that'll probably be the case! haha But I love the look of those grips. I'll probably change the grips to shoot at the range and keep the other grips to put on later. I also bought a Mosin at the same time which I'm excited about. Between the 2 I should have a sore shoulder and a sore hand. Basically the right side of my body will be unusable. I bought a synthetic stock for the mosin so I don't have to worry about messing the stock up, although I know they're not getting anymore valuable.

BerBer5985

Apr 3, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I'm gonna pick some .44 special up before I go, I have some 44 magnums that I bought, so we'll see how that goes. I'm sure the boom in either is going to be more than my 357 in my gp100

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    I have the same gun. Any standard 240gr load is very manageable. Some hotter loads like Hornady XTP rounds will let you know that you're firing a true hand cannon. I do not have Hogue grips or use gloves.

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    Congrats! Have fun at the range, you might want to try some 44spl and get use to it.

BerBer5985

Apr 3, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Got to shoot it today. My hands not broken, fun gun to shoot, but it hurts after about 24 rounds. Haha I think some hogue grips would certainly help tame it a little, bit it's pretty accurate from 20 yards. I'm def happy with it! It's a great trigger!

bobnieder

S&W Fan
    May 1, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Any flames leaping out of that short-barreled beauty when you fired her? (Seriously, I remember firing Super Vel out of my Model 19 6" 40 years ago -- it definitely cleaned out the lead fouling from the reloaded semi-wadcutters . . . and then some!)

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom