• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Just got the $79.00 special from Classic Arms (added the Tula option for $10). A great rifle for $89.00 with the accessories and all numbers matching.

Attachments

• P1010930.JPG
      P1010930.JPG
      60.5 KB · Views: 371

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Nice, looks like a wartime stock, what year is it? Funny they charge $10 extra for Tula, but still a great price.

1943 with 2 crylic letters and 3 numbers as the serial number. The stock has some numbers lightly stamped on it in several places usually within a triangle.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    check to see if the rest of the parts also have the crylic letters stamped on them. That will tell you if the parts are truly matching.

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    I have been told that even having the cyrillic prefixes does not necessarily mean original matching, as the refurb parts were often stamped with the prefixes as well. One thing is for sure, if the prefixes are missing then it is definitely a forced match.

Gunner71

Lone Wolf
    Mar 7, 2008
    right behind you
    Very nice! I have been getting the itch to pick up another one, but I've already got three in the safe now. The problem is that I can pick up a Mosin even when money is tight when what I really need is more AMMO! LOL. Have fun shooting your new addition :)

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Wouldja just look at that. Yet another Mosin finds a good home. Outstanding! One Mosin leads to another and another and another. That's just how it goes...

It's almost like taking in stray puppies...Mosins gotta have a home too and that ain't a bad thing.

Congrats. :thumbsup:

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    This is my rifle. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my rifle and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

Last edited:

dancnr

Jul 27, 2011
    Washington County
    You have the nice Mosin Nagant, now you just need to add the Nagant revovler, I gave in to AIM's advertising this weekend and it arrived today. Makes a nice complement to any Russian rifle if you ask me.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Are there any signs of if there was a Finn rework that I should look for? I have been looking through the http://7.62x54r.net/ site for info but have not found much except the Tula info which this rifle is consistent with.

The main giveaway would be the boxed SA stamp on the receiver. Although by looking at the picture I can pretty much tell you now that it isn't a Finn rework. Unless, it was captured by Finland then recaptured and refurbished by the Soviet Union again.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    The main giveaway would be the boxed SA stamp on the receiver. Although by looking at the picture I can pretty much tell you now that it isn't a Finn rework. Unless, it was captured by Finland then recaptured and refurbished by the Soviet Union again.

Have seen some posts over on GB with just that, a Soviet recapture and then refurb. Very uncommon though.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    How much did you pay for shipping if you don't mind me asking? I'm gonna be breaking in my C&R just as soon as I get paid :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom