• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ovechtrick

Mar 7, 2011
    Montgomery County
    After doing some research and talking with some fellow members on the forum I finally purchased my first AR. I ordered a complete PSA 16" HF Midlength Light Weight upper direct from PSA and I bought an Engage Armament stripped lower.

The pic below shows the current set up.

PSA Upper
    Engage Armament Lower
    Magpul CTR Stock
    Troy Fixed Rear BattleSight
    PSA Buffer
    CMMG Lower Parts Kit

I really want to thank Engage for their help with the lower. I am pretty green when it comes to ARs and they were very helpful with all of my questions. They even let me come in to watch them put my lower together so that I can do it myself for a future build which I really appreciated.

I was able to take it to that range on Sunday and it shot great. The only problem I had was not being able to adjust my front sight (the post wouldn't budge with the nail or the allen key i brought), but I have already purchased a front sight tool and I will be able to adjust it on my next trip.

Attachments

• IMAG0864.jpg
      IMAG0864.jpg
      60.8 KB · Views: 335
    • IMAG0865.jpg
      IMAG0865.jpg
      89.4 KB · Views: 335

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Congrats, I just finished my first AR this week. I like the "Engage" on the lower.

Looks very similar to mine, I also went with a PSA upper and LPK.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Looks good.

Why wouldn't the front sight move?

And how do you like that Troy rear sight? I just ordered one.

Ovechtrick

Mar 7, 2011
    Montgomery County
    Looks good.

Why wouldn't the front sight move?

And how do you like that Troy rear sight? I just ordered one.

I think the front sight seized up or it was screwed in too tight from the factory which prevented adjustment with a nail. I bought a front sight tool and that did the trick.

I like the Troy sight. It's easily adjusted and you can acquire targets pretty quickly. Only complaint it that it is a little loose when mounted to my rail. Even though its secured well, it still moves slightly.

Jun 30, 2010
    Churchton
    I think the front sight seized up or it was screwed in too tight from the factory which prevented adjustment with a nail. I bought a front sight tool and that did the trick.

I like the Troy sight. It's easily adjusted and you can acquire targets pretty quickly. Only complaint it that it is a little loose when mounted to my rail. Even though its secured well, it still moves slightly.

Did you put loctite on it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ovechtrick

Mar 7, 2011
    Montgomery County
    WARPIG [USMC];1642063 said:
    Did you put loctite on it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The loctite only keeps the sight from vibrating loose from shooting. What I am noticing is that it doesn't fit as tight in the rail as I would like. It's just has a little play. It's not bad as I am still on target, but I would have preferred that it wouldn't wiggle when installed.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    The loctite only keeps the sight from vibrating loose from shooting. What I am noticing is that it doesn't fit as tight in the rail as I would like. It's just has a little play. It's not bad as I am still on target, but I would have preferred that it wouldn't wiggle when installed.

That does not inspire confidence in my purchase at all, lol

Dfence52

Apr 2, 2012
    Congrats looks good. I just had an aimpoint pro delivered from psa yesterday. Shot with it today and love it! Go Caps!

Dec 6, 2011
    A small piece of beer can shim stock on the clamping surface of the rear sight would probably do the trick to tighten the sight. You'd never even see it.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I prefer the LWRC BUIS over the Troys; I also previously owned one of their rear sights that was slightly loose. I have a set of Troys on my SIG716 and they lock up tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom