[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]​

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Someone (Cree?) has come out with some new and very powerful LED's. 500 Lumens is a huge amount of light in a package that size.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Don't know but from my research, Surefire sets the benchmark for quality construction. They will replace any light or part that's defective N/C. That's good CS.

Within reason, I always try to buy American. They are not cheap, but the are the best IMO

ghost1981

Aug 1, 2012
    Frederick
    That's really not that bad of a price. I picked up a UTG 200 lumen flashlight w/ quick detach rail mount for $75 a couple weeks back. It's a little more bulky where the surefire's appear to be lighter and brighter.

sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    For me, it's surefire every time. I carry a backup daily and have a 6p tactical on my LMT. 3 pistols wear a X300 and so does my UCIW. The original fury rides in my door pocket for checking cows at night out on pasture. Thing is seriously bright and completely amazing reach for that little thing.

GRAY GHOST

The 43rd
    Jul 24, 2012
    C.S.A.
    i own 2 very nice lights, but i think they are over priced and the battery life sucks. dont get stuck in the dark trying to use them for anything else then burning someones eyeballs out. sorry but for that price,the batt life needs to be better, cause them 123 batts are not cheap. last hunting season i got a nebo redline,yeah i know its not made in the usa, but it is made for the right price. you can use them other then tac usage.

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I think jawn has one of those fury's too. I remember that from a while back. 500 lumens is pretty incredible in such a small package.

I love my Surefires (I have 4) and will continue to be a customer of theirs. I carry a 6P defender with an Elzetta M60 bulb upgrade with me whenever I have pants on.

I think I might have to put one of these on the wish list, just because. Anyone know how they compare size-wise to the 6P/G2 series'?

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    i own 2 very nice lights, but i think they are over priced and the battery life sucks. dont get stuck in the dark trying to use them for anything else then burning someones eyeballs out. sorry but for that price,the batt life needs to be better, cause them 123 batts are not cheap. last hunting season i got a nebo redline,yeah i know its not made in the usa, but it is made for the right price. you can use them other then tac usage.

Check out the new G2X pro from surefire, $65 and has high and low intensity modes at 200 and 15 lumens (I think). That will greatly help battery life for general usage.

Don't bet the farm on that Nebo. I have their tiny 1AA light that I use often at work. After 6 months or so of use it's gone quirky on me and doesn't always want to work. Buy once, cry once.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm a big fan of my Surefire G3 (with LED upgrade) - it might be bigger, but I like having the extra battery.

500 lumens seems... huge. I could see running it in a two flashlight setup, but I feel like you'd have a fairish chance of blinding yourself indoors if all you had was the Fury (or similar).

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Nite Hunter also has a 500-lumen unit out in the same size that is rechargeable. MD Quartermaster is stocking them. I think the price is around 100 bucks for those there, they have high/low/strobe settings, and they are assembled in the USA (Texas).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom