• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Exactly. They'll be under $300 in a year.

No offense, but I doubt you'll see these much under $320 OTD (shipping, transfer, etc), EVER. There isn't a huge margin level on these, or any guns for that matter. The cost on these is the same as the Ruger I-TAC #1287, which Buds last retailed for $300 shipped (cash price), just for comparison. Dealers gotta eat too ya know :D

$330 ballpark for a local pickup is a good deal, IMO. 2A Sales' price is good to go!

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    No offense, but I doubt you'll see these much under $320 OTD (shipping, transfer, etc), EVER. There isn't a huge margin level on these, or any guns for that matter. The cost on these is the same as the Ruger I-TAC #1287, which Buds last retailed for $300 shipped (cash price), just for comparison. Dealers gotta eat too ya know :D

$330 ballpark for a local pickup is a good deal, IMO. 2A Sales' price is good to go!

I dont have abeef with $330. Now $330 plus transfer, plus shipping etc I do.

Murple

Mar 25, 2009
    Severna Park
    Am I the only one who doesn't "get" the backpack? It's cool, I guess, but if you're carrying it, you can't be carrying a "regular" backpack, so what's the point? If all I've got on my back is a rifle, I'd just as soon have it on a sling so I can actually use it.

I guess it's neat for storage, given the fact that it's stainless & you wouldn't have to worry so much about rust...

BenL

John Galt Speaking.

Oh, no offense taken. I was making (incorrect) assumptions of Ruger's MSRP pricing scheme.

At $330, they're still a good buy and very cool. Add another $200 to cut it down to 16", threaded, and move the sights and you got yourself a pretty neat little package. The case is pretty nice, too; I just wish it didn't have the giant, red Ruger logo advertising what it is.

ETA: You're spot-on with Bud's; cash price, $300 before shipping and transfer fees.

Man, there are too many guns I want and not enough money or room for them all. :)

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    Picked up my 10/22 takedown this morning. :D
    Cool piece could of had it sooner if I hadn't been down myrtle all week. Can you believe none of the stores down there had the Ruger 25 rnd factory mags.

shadow116

2nd Class Citizen
    Feb 28, 2008
    Emmitsburg
    What I dragged Home

My New Toy.:D

Attachments

• 10-22 (1).jpg
      10-22 (1).jpg
      43.8 KB · Views: 261
    • 10-22 (2).jpg
      10-22 (2).jpg
      56.9 KB · Views: 264

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Received the following review from my friend:

PlatoonDaddy - hold off on buying this rifle. My friend and me just returned from the range and trying to sight these two new rifles in. We put on BSA sweet 22 scopes witch come with 3 different calibration turrets for different bullet weights for the 22 LR. We had them bore sighted and started out at 50 yds. Mine was right on at 50yds with elevation but shooting right about 5 inches. Corrected to bullseye at 50 yds. Disassembled barrel and put back together and bullet impact moved about 4 inches!!!! zeroed again and moved to 100 yds. Dialed in 100yds on scope turret and was shooting bullseye 2 1/2 to 3 inch group which is not bad with these eyes Ha.. shot about 50 rds at 100yds. Moved back to 50 yds and took barrel apart and reinstalled. Dialed scope turret down to 50 yds and shot and was grouping about 4 inches to the right and 4 in high. Took apart and put back together and now shot 2 in right and 2 in high. Noticed before ever shooting that when sighting down barrel and applying a little left or right pressure to barrel with wrist holding forearm stock barrel would move left and right slightly and you could see sight picture move about 12 inches either way.

My friends rifle was slightly worse than mine!!!! Called Ruger and tech said to ship them back and they would look at them. Needless to say it is a piece of crap if they cant fix the problem. A 10/22 should be a tack driver at 50 yds with a scope and there shouldnt be any movement in the barrel at all.

Will let you know what they say.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    ^^ Did you guys use the adjustment nuts to tighten up the slop?

I just picked mine up less than three hours ago (THANKS GUN CONNECTION!) and took it to my favorite range (I'm a member at freestate... full disclosure lol) to seriously injured some paper.

I figured the difference in accuracy between this and my 10/22 carbine was due to a possible sight or sight radius difference. I LOVE the irons on my carbine. I was really annoyed by the sights on this take down.

I'll break 'em out and compare in a minute but I didn't get results anything like what your friend is describing. (the review of the dude with the beard talking about it's accuracy is part of why I picked up this gun in the first place).

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    Nope. Sight radius is the same and stupid sights are the same... AND YET, I have an easier time getting a sight picture with my 10/22 carbine. Maybe the blued barrel is less distracting to my eyes? :facepalm:

They're pretty darn similar. The rear sights are slightly different. My old carbine has two screws for adjustment, the new takedown only has one.

Other than that....

Virtually identical, eh?
    6923398996_19c41530ab_c.jpg

Where did I put that nifty small bag it came with...
    7069479743_0c2d5951ba_c.jpg

It's broken!? lol
    7069480463_6e227dd865_c.jpg

Rear adjustable tension nut on the left.
    6923401878_9f31149216_c.jpg

Rear sight.
    7069482379_73ab0cd99a_c.jpg

Sorry if she looks a little dirty... she's already got three hundred rounds through her.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    You have to get adjustment nut tight to point it starts to get hard to twist barrel on and then back it click by click until easy to get on, but no slop. Then leave nut alone!

Gaius Baltar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 7, 2010
    i like the concept, but i still think a butler creek folding stock is the way to go. it can be fired while folded, and you don't have to put anything back together.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Range report. I put 100 rds through new 10/22 break down today. Ranges of 50yds and 100yds. Used nothing more than iron sites that came with rifle and forward bag for rest. Shot mostly from bench. The stock sites get the job done, but a scope would help these old eyes out are the 100 yd range. My spotting scope helped. Lots of nice groupings.

I broke it down a few times, but no issue with iron sites as rear site is on barrel section. Real test will be if it can hold zero when I mount a scope. Also need to pick up a larger magazine in my travels.

So far I like it!!

NathanJ

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2010
    Salisbury Maryland
    I checked one out recently and they seem pretty damn heavy for back-packing. Case was nice but eats up a lot of room too. I just got the standard 10/22 instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom