• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    They don't have time to go around calling all of their one hojillion customers on back-order, ergo, we're back to not telling you anything.

I agree that setting expectations is important...

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Did you read sentences? "If you quote delivery times and they are wrong, call your customer and apologize. Don't make them call you."

I am a firm believer in honesty - If you can't be certain of the delivery time frame, tell your customer and make sure they understand that. Don't guess. Set expectations at the begining. If the manufacturer of a part is telling you a certain date, but the dates given by the manufacture have not been accurate, tell the customer up front. Most people will have no problem waiting if expectations are set correctly.

Most customers are pretty forgiving. Before I was into guns I was into cars if a some promised a part in 3 weeks and it takes 5 I am pissed. If he says 3 and calls back 2 weeks later and says 5 I am fine. Honesty will piss a customer off that minute but it will not leave as bad a taste in their mouth then little to no communication.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I doubt they make the sights, they are probably relying on another vendor/manufacturer for the item.

These are the Following AR Parts that are currently VERY Difficult to acquire now:

Sights
    Rail Systems
    Barrels
    Complete Uppers
    Bolt Groups
    Sound Suppresors/Mounts
    Buffer Tubes
    They have the sights, they just forgot to ship them out. I will have them wednesday

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    They don't have time to go around calling all of their one hojillion customers on back-order, ergo, we're back to not telling you anything.

I agree that setting expectations is important...

I'd have no problem waiting forever for the rifle. If they told me it would take 10 months I'd either wait or look else where. If they had sent out a mass email to their customers saying they were having trouble getting parts fine. But not doing any of this and then just forgetting parts is unacceptable. Plus they didn't have more than 20 rifles to build ahead of me. They don't take back orders and they only put 100 rifle available for sale on their website. When I bought mine there was a total of 95 left of my specific rifle with 1 or 2 missing from the other few categories. So it's not like they had a lot of customers to apologize to

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    Your kidding right?? It really does sound like the shop did try to give you the best service they were able to provide. It took me 3 MONTHS to find what I wanted to build my AR. So many things were out of stock etc..national backorder... In the mean time, I found a LOT of vendors that I will NOT buy from again (shitty customer service) and GREAT vendors I hope to buy from soon(killer interaction from staff with questions and suggestions). I found vendors who helped me giving suggestions for things they didnt even OFFER as it was the soloution to a desire I had. Give them a break, if you havent noticed, now is a GREAT time to be a gun parts MANUFACTURER as you sell EVERY PART you make, especially uppers, lowers, barrels and parts kits. Relax, go get a set of MBUS sights and go enjoy your holiday ! :)

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    in todays firearms market it is difficult to give a STRAIGHT answer.
    everybody wants theirs yesterday.
    patience grasshopper!;)

Yes. Ordered my Stag Model 8 Left handed w/plus package back in February, and am now just finishing up the last days of the MD "waiting period".

Most frustrating part was that neither the dealer nor myself could get any type of update from the factory. I could have bought 3 ARs in the time I waited.

When all was said and done, and to be fair, I did order a complete "blacksheep".

I hope the paperwork clears this week I really want to shoot the thing. I have like 9 gallons of drool saved up to pour on it... I know, gross. :)

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    My local gun shop has this companies(New Frontier) lowers(stripped) available to buy for $100.00. I turned it down because I thought this was a fly by night company that has a zero track record as far as I am aware. I may be wrong but it was far from Spikes Tactical quality!!

Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA
    When we go back to the days of "pay me when you can" that's when I'll say "get it back to me when you can."

I don't mind waiting for a service if you set an achievable time table. However, if you say three weeks and it takes longer than that and you don't bother to let me know why, then we have a problem. As a customer, that makes me feel like you don't give a crap about providing me with a service I am paying you for. You wouldn't tolerate that from a car shop, ac repairman, plumber, or any other business. Why would take it from a gun manufacturer?

If they had an issue arise they should have let him know.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    A customer like you will get their work done sooner then the guy who bugged the shop 3x a week. :D

NO TRUER WORDS HAVE EVER BEEN SPOKEN ON THIS SUBJECT.

Thank you. It's always the people who drop guns off saying "oh there's no rush" after giving them an estimate of up to several weeks, especially when there are unknown variables such as how long backordered parts will take to arrive - who call a few days later to say they're in the area and will be swinging by the shop in 15 minutes and are wondering if they could pick it up yet. :rolleyes:

I love fixing guns for people but when there's a backlog and/or the gunsmith (or retailer in this case) does not have the parts in stock - please be patient. Your gun will be fine soon and it takes time to get quality work. Bugging a smith or even a retailer will only make it harder for the other dozens/hundreds/thousands of customers they're already dealing with who dropped their guns off/ordered their stuff before you did.

Not trying to be mean or rude. If you expect quality work, expect to wait or pay out the a$$. Fast, good or cheap - pick two.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    NO TRUER WORDS HAVE EVER BEEN SPOKEN ON THIS SUBJECT.

Thank you. It's always the people who drop guns off saying "oh there's no rush" after giving them an estimate of up to several weeks, especially when there are unknown variables such as how long backordered parts will take to arrive - who call a few days later to say they're in the area and will be swinging by the shop in 15 minutes and are wondering if they could pick it up yet. :rolleyes:

I love fixing guns for people but when there's a backlog and/or the gunsmith (or retailer in this case) does not have the parts in stock - please be patient. Your gun will be fine soon and it takes time to get quality work. Bugging a smith or even a retailer will only make it harder for the other dozens/hundreds/thousands of customers they're already dealing with who dropped their guns off/ordered their stuff before you did.

Not trying to be mean or rude. If you expect quality work, expect to wait or pay out the a$$. Fast, good or cheap - pick two.

I had no problem waiting. Just wish they would have stopped giving me crap estimates. I generally give them time to either correct their estimate or atleast do something. For example my sights should have arrived via Wednesday according to the quote they gave me. I understand Wednesday is a holiday. Well I waited until today to call back and it's not going to get her until next week but they still hadnt given me a tracking number until today. And well I only got on of those three. I got cheap. I've heard they were reliable guns but I just dropped the gun off at the fun smith for problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom