• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    Sorry for the long story...just venting

So we had a foreclosure home in my neighborhood, that was illegally rented out. Now it appears that the bank is not going to kick these people out (as it's been a year) and will allow them to continue renting. Anyway, we suspect the home of drug activity, but the police won't do anything.

They know I am watching, as we have gotten in to some verbal argument's before, but anyway, I am having an issue with their dogs. Don't get me wrong, I love Dogs, but these guys are the type that give Pit Bull owners a bad name. They have 4 or 5 pits. I had a problem with them just letting the dogs loose in the neighborhood, which would often bring them to my backyard.

One day I caught the dogs and the owner in my backyard. I confronted him and told him that it was getting old with the dogs in my backyard every day, and asked him to control the dogs. I was met with a "Mind your own business", which really pissed me off. So I fork out 8 grand and put up a fence and put up a bunch of "No Trespassing" Signs.

After that, they left the dogs chained outside all night, where they would whine like they were being beaten to death, ALL NIGHT. I called Animal Control a couple times, and they sent a letter, after which, they were not left outside anymore.

Now the dogs spend their time in my front yard. I put up one of those ultrasonic pest machine things, but that is seemingly having little effect. I continue to call Animal Control, but nobody ever shows up.

It seems like they do this stuff just to spite me. It really annoys me because we live in a nice neighborhood, and it seems like they choose me to pick a fight with.

So anyway, does anyone know of any recourse we can take? The HOA won't do a thing, it might be the most unorganized mess I have ever seen. Can I get in contact with the bank that holds the house and ask they be removed or something?

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    Also, forgot to mention they have trashed the property, lowering my home's value.

So basically, I want to move because of them, but can't move because my house isn't worth enough, partly because of them.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Have you tried calling the police? I'm sure they're violating an ordnance of some sort.

I'd put up surveillance cameras on my house and an alarm system, then sit on the porch with a DSLR and take photos of every car that stops at the house.

Then report that you think they're running a business in a residential zone. I mean, you have all these pictures of cars and foot traffic, they're obviously running a business in a zone that's not zoned for it.

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    Have you tried calling the police? I'm sure they're violating an ordnance of some sort.

I'd put up surveillance cameras on my house and an alarm system, then sit on the porch with a DSLR and take photos of every car that stops at the house.

Then report that you think they're running a business in a residential zone. I mean, you have all these pictures of cars and foot traffic, they're obviously running a business in a zone that's not zoned for it.

Just be careful... if they are conducting an illicit business, some of those people may not take well to being photographed.

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.

I have done all of this already, lol. Told the detective that I had all of this, and he basically told me there was nothing they could do.

So I have the alarm, I have the camera's and we do take pictures of licence plates and cars that come in and out of there.

I didn't take the business approach though. When I confronted them, they mentioned that they were "running a hip hop website" so that's why cars are always in and out at weird hours of the night.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    I have done all of this already, lol. Told the detective that I had all of this, and he basically told me there was nothing they could do.

So I have the alarm, I have the camera's and we do take pictures of licence plates and cars that come in and out of there.

I didn't take the business approach though. When I confronted them, they mentioned that they were "running a hip hop website" so that's why cars are always in and out at weird hours of the night.

Report it to the zoning board.

This is exactly where I was going with this.

Remember, it was the tax-man that killed Capone, not the law. Once you get the zoning board, you can get the tax men/women in on it.

I'm sure the Comptroller would love to see their books. Remember, you can do you own digging in MDAT too.

You want the obfuscated approach to getting these people gone, do it legally, and do it the right way -- using the leverage of all of the services you as a tax-payer fund.

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    This is exactly where I was going with this.

Remember, it was the tax-man that killed Capone, not the law. Once you get the zoning board, you can get the tax men/women in on it.

I'm sure the Comptroller would love to see their books. Remember, you can do you own digging in MDAT too.

You want the obfuscated approach to getting these people gone, do it legally, and do it the right way -- using the leverage of all of the services you as a tax-payer fund.

I can find all the property and tax info. it is still listed under the ORIGINAL owner before these people came along, and it is not listed as being sold again. However, I am trying to track down the lein holder info. I have contacted Zoning to see what they have to say as well.

I appreciate the help with this guys, it's to the point where I want to move so I can be happy, but would hate to be pushed out by this type of crap.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    I can find all the property and tax info. it is still listed under the ORIGINAL owner before these people came along, and it is not listed as being sold again. However, I am trying to track down the lein holder info. I have contacted Zoning to see what they have to say as well.

I appreciate the help with this guys, it's to the point where I want to move so I can be happy, but would hate to be pushed out by this type of crap.

It might be worth filing suit against the owner of the property for the value lost to your home as a result of their tenants.

On_Target

Feb 7, 2013
    Put a lien on their house for the eight grand you spent on necessary property improvements. It's easier than you think. A neighbor did it to me and it was over before I even knew it happened Just before going to closing on a house we were buying. Guess she didn't like the cut of my jib. Also, file suit on the hoa. I think it's like 15 bucks even if you know it has no teeth. Notify them that you are witholding hoa fees and seeking damages for failure to perform untill they represent your interest in accordance with reasonable expectations and that you have too many dandelions in your oatmeal, you get the point. There are also standards enforcement issues for maintaining the property that they have been derelict in upholding. BTW, I was on the other end of the dog issue once with a rot. The neighbor tied her to the front porch and called the cops and said that she had them pinned down in the house and that she was in fear for her life and her children. Bye, bye doggie. Poor Glory, she was my favorite. I never replaced her. You could make the panicked victim call to the police and unintelligibly use the words pit bull 3 or 4 times while whimpering and saying scared for our life. That would at least help you establish a record in your favor for pursuing nuisance animal removal. Good luck.

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    Put a lien on their house for the eight grand you spent on necessary property improvements. It's easier than you think. A neighbor did it to me and it was over before I even knew it happened Just before going to closing on a house we were buying. Guess she didn't like the cut of my jib. Also, file suit on the hoa. I think it's like 15 bucks even if you know it has no teeth. Notify them that you are witholding hoa fees and seeking damages for failure to perform untill they represent your interest in accordance with reasonable expectations and that you have too many dandelions in your oatmeal, you get the point. There are also standards enforcement issues for maintaining the property that they have been derelict in upholding. BTW, I was on the other end of the dog issue once with a rot. The neighbor tied her to the front porch and called the cops and said that she had them pinned down in the house and that she was in fear for her life and her children. Bye, bye doggie. Poor Glory, she was my favorite. I never replaced her. You could make the panicked victim call to the police and unintelligibly use the words pit bull 3 or 4 times while whimpering and saying scared for our life. That would at least help you establish a record in your favor for pursuing nuisance animal removal. Good luck.

There is definitely no way I want to dogs taken away, that is tricky. It isn't the dogs fault their owners are retards, I feel bad for them.

two guarenteed methods
    load the dogs as time delay devices..
    bacon grease and violent nasty laxatives on the dog turds...
    TWO..
    or just rip off their power meter by cutting the metal tag and swiping the electric meter do that TWICE, BG&E will refuse service due to theft of monitoring device

Nostromo

Jan 15, 2013
    PG County
    ...After that, they left the dogs chained outside all night, where they would whine like they were being beaten to death, ALL NIGHT....

This right here. To hell with anyone that does this, instant scum bag POS in my book. While it might sound terrible, toss a few Hershey Chocolate bars in their yard, best last meal the dog will ever have, problem solved. Besides, the owner obviously doesn't care.

I own three dogs and I've promised all of them they can have some delicious chocolate on their death beds.

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    two guarenteed methods
    load the dogs as time delay devices..
    bacon grease and violent nasty laxatives on the dog turds...
    TWO..
    or just rip off their power meter by cutting the metal tag and swiping the electric meter do that TWICE, BG&E will refuse service due to theft of monitoring device

Yes . Number two. also if the cover to the meter box were to ...." disappear " along with the meter they wont turn back on until box is repaired . For that to happen the box would have to be inspected . Major Pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom