• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    You have to be wary. Next thing you know we don’t have fair and free elections anymore...

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    You have to be wary. Next thing you know we don’t have fair and free elections anymore...

Now that is a scary thought .

I agree , cautious is a good thing .

I would never want to contribute to even more of our God given rights taken away .
    I am smarter then i look Jon :lol2::lol2:

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Has anybody clued her in that posts “DON’T” count in intro section and that (meaningful) post count at 50 allows access to the WC?

Not sure we should use meaningful as a barometer for access. It’s not as if the WC is the entrance gate to meaningful posts ;)

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    There’s also a lot of BGOS around here. If they wanted your guns they’d come take them.
    Haha, ain't THAT the truth.

If you think your firearms and firearm-related possessions are a big secret, you're probably wrong.

If you EVER bought even ONE gun on paper, you have no secrets from The State, and just that one little gun is as good as a dozen for drawing fire. The world is not what it used to be. If you ever posted on any internet forum with firearms as a subject, you have outed yourself. If you've ever parked your car at a range...If you ever bought ammo at a store or ordered it online, you are already documented, either by credit card records or by video surveillance. The list can go on.

Sure, joke around about 'boating accidents', we all have them (I just had to replace my phone due to canoe shenanigans, so I can even document mine), but remember that it is JUST a joke and any investigator worth half his pay will chuckle along and then find your stuff anyway.

The single biggest **OpSec** concern here is not keeping your thinly veiled secrets from The State, that cat is long gone and took the bag with him. Hell, it seems like half of our membership is police anyway.

The REAL concern is letting criminals find out what you have and where, and if you really want to put some icing on your cake, talk about upcoming trips where you'll be gone a couple days at a time too.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    The REAL concern is letting criminals find out what you have and where, and if you really want to put some icing on your cake, talk about upcoming trips where you'll be gone a couple days at a time too.

With all the ranges closed due to “COVID” it might be an opportunity to hone your shooting skills ;)

Attachments

• 91CE4216-AD52-45E6-BF77-15B107851FF0.jpg
      91CE4216-AD52-45E6-BF77-15B107851FF0.jpg
      37.2 KB · Views: 138

CZlady

Oct 13, 2020
    Montgomery County
    I think you’re on to something sir.

WHY gun owners don’t respond OR dint respond honestly is a great paper. The basis of this is “gun related surveys” cannot be relied on...

You and Blacksmith101 are, indeed, on to something. My paper is not a statistical or purely scientific one. It is an anthropological study. So while demographic data is extremely helpful, my paper is actually more about what Ammo Jon refers to as 'BGOS' and how we tend to react to outsiders and insiders as a community. It's about the people in this community and why we are the way we are and what has caused us to be that way. Perhaps I should have been clearer in my original post but I am not trying to really collect any meaningful statistics on who has what and when did they buy it, etc.

Thanks again for all those who did respond. Again, any responses will be anonymous in the final study.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom