• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • qwertee123

Choose Freedom
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 18, 2009
    Stuck in MoCo ...
    I foolishly let my UT non-resident permit expire and would like to also apply for both a VA and FL non-resident permit as well.

Can anyone recommend could affordable UT & FL training providers offering class in Jan/Feb 2016?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I used Duke's Defense in Jessup. They are an IP here.

Added bonus, they are about 3 doors down from 2A Sales, so you can double up on the trip.

Good class, he does fingerprints and certificates for UT (and supplies all the forms you need), as well as form packets and fingerprint cards for VA and FL. One or both require LE printing. I did mine at Bel Air MVA, there is an MSP office there that does printing.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    How long has your UT permit been expired? You may not need to take the course again. We have classes scheduled in several locations (Engage Armament on January 31st) and can include the additional live fire required for the Florida permit.

Registration for our classes is open on our website http://www.genesisfirearms.com

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    email i recently got from gravitas tactical:

Hey everyone,

So, with the rejection of reciprocity agreements with almost every other state, the geniuses in Richmond have figure out how to pumpsome after Christmas cash into the economy........for the state of Utah. If you have a VA permit already, but need Utah now to carry in other states, we got you covered. If you need a VA permit to get Utah's, we have you covered there too. Here are the details for the classes, coming up in a couple weeks in Winchester, VA......

http://gravitastactical.com/events-calendar/?month=jan&yr=2016

If you have any questions, get in touch with us and we'll get you taken care of.

Best Regards,

Marc Scroggins

Gravitas Tactical
    (540)-308-3756

Hattie

Sep 18, 2012
    Second the recommendation for Duke's Defense. Super guy to learn from and work with.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    I'm also interested in taking the UTAH class. Anyone offering the class in January around the Baltimore area? Found one at Freestate in Feb and another on the 9th in Upper Marlboro.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Contact Duke's

He is flexible on course schedule. In our case, it ended up being a course of just the two of us. :)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yeap.

But call Duke's, he may be able to do one this week.

But get UT and VA and probably FL from his course.

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County

Because Im not sure what states are going to drop reciprocity w/ VA in the future. Plus, screw VA! Im not giving them any fees based on their own BS changes that facilitated this.

Yeap.

But call Duke's, he may be able to do one this week.

But get UT and VA and probably FL from his course.

Already have FL :) Unfortunately I already registered for MSAR and they are non-refundable :(

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    We have classes scheduled all over the State. Check out our website for dates and locations. This Sunday's class in Indian Head has a few seats available.

We have also worked out an agreement with a mobile live scan provider. If you are taking our class you can have Live Scan fingerprints done at the same location for an additional fee.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Mdeng and his crew run a great class, as do a few other previously mentioned IP's.

No need to pitch one over another, they all do their jobs quite well.

**But Mdeng does make sure to have good donuts on hand for the classes that start early in the day. :thumbsup:

MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    there is one this Sat at MSAR that Im registering for...

http://www.msar.com/utah-concealed-firearm-permit-class-/

Id love to support Dukes as they are by 2A but I need something soon since it will take UT a couple months to process and the new VA regs go into effect 2/1

If it is Moe's class, it is good nuts and bolts info. He will also give you a training certificate for FL in addition to signing the UT application. Just don't be late after any of the breaks!!!

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    We have classes scheduled all over the State. Check out our website for dates and locations. This Sunday's class in Indian Head has a few seats available.

We have also worked out an agreement with a mobile live scan provider. If you are taking our class you can have Live Scan fingerprints done at the same location for an additional fee.

Just signed up for your class in Greensboro in Feb

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom