• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Anyone know of a "while you wait" vendor that will engrave my lower for my SBR 50 Beowulf project. I would prefer someone in Harford County.

Thanks!

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Engage in Rockville. Worth the drive. Great customer service in and out very quickly

I don't think Engage's able to engrave while-you-wait, but United Gun, also in Rockville, will if you ring them beforehand to be sure they're not swamped.

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Engage did my lower while I waited. I would have been in and out in 10 mins if I wasn't drooling over the suppressors and deciding if I should buy another one or not. I ended up buying it.....

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Engage did my lower while I waited. I would have been in and out in 10 mins if I wasn't drooling over the suppressors and deciding if I should buy another one or not. I ended up buying it.....

Hey! That's the same exact thing I did at Engage. They engraved, took maybe 20 min for my 3 lowers, then I spent another hour picking out a can, which I bought, and oogling the firearms on the wall. :D

In other words, hit up Engage they can do it. Call first just incase they are swamped. I drove from southern St Marys so maybe 1.5-2 hour drive. Worth it.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I am not sure if they still do it but the person TwinsDad on here went to Whitemarsh previously with his mobile setup. Try searching mobile engraving. I found place in DE to do mine so didn't inquire.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I am not sure if they still do it but the person TwinsDad on here went to Whitemarsh previously with his mobile setup. Try searching mobile engraving. I found place in DE to do mine so didn't inquire.

That would be great except, he hasn't logged on since Sept 2015.

souprcampbell

Jul 5, 2014
    Middletown
    I had mine done while I waited at Bollingers. Had a great time hanging out with them, and he's got a new laser etching service along with the engraving. Customer Service was so good, I added a subdued flag to my magwell while there. Very friendly to mil/le

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    ?. I had engraving done @ Bollingers and now have decided to powder coat. Any idea how to keep the powder from filling in the engraving? I was thinking chalk?

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I'll also add that I was in engage and asked them if I wanted to SBR a lower I already owned that's currently built as a pistol with 10.5 upper what I needed to do other than fill out efile form 1 through my trust and they said nope that's it as long as it reaches 29" and was never a long rifle.

Again IANAL.

Sent from a galaxy far, far, away....

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Make sure you confirm the price before handing over the firearm.
    They got me for $100 for 2 lines, 5 minutes and a mediocre job. I would look elsewhere.

Damn. That's nuts.

I really don't see any reason to go someplace that doesn't do it via laser. I had mine done at Engage, and it was like $70 for the text AND a graphic that takes up the whole side of the magwell. Plus, it's a laser, so it's incredibly precise and looks fantastic. There are several shops in MD that do laser work.

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    Although engraving is not compulsory, it does give your build legitimacy in the eyes of anyone(police) who might not know the intricacies of the law with regard to NFA items. It hurts nothing to have it engraved. OP, you'll have to weigh the cost of staying local and maybe pay a little more -vs- driving a longer distance and paying a little less. Time is money in my book.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom