• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JnstemIII

Feb 23, 2011
    Oldtown, MD
    I bought a AR a4 upper for my oly and i want to put it on but i dont really know of any good gunsmiths in my area and was wondering if anyone knew of anyone in cumberland, frostburg area. Or if someone can do it and show me how that would be great.

Thankyou

adjusterr

Mar 28, 2011
    Indian Springs, Western MD
    gunsmith

Best Gunsmith I know of in Cumberland area is Ray's Guns, Rt 2, Fort Ashby, WV 26719, 304 298 3933. Ray has a monster selection of guns and is an excellent Gunsmith. Give him a call, he is very good to work with.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    I bought a AR a4 upper for my oly and i want to put it on but i dont really know of any good gunsmiths in my area and was wondering if anyone knew of anyone in cumberland, frostburg area. Or if someone can do it and show me how that would be great.

Thankyou

Complete upper?:confused:

JnstemIII

Feb 23, 2011
    Oldtown, MD
    Keers

Did you try Mulligans in Ridgely? When I was in there last time - he had a few AR-s in there, maybe someone there can help or guide you to someone who can. Wouldnt hurt to ask Kerr Bros in Cumberland either.

I bought my gun at keers and honestly there service sucks. Lets just say next time i buy a gun im going somewhere else. They never come and ask you if you need help. Except the owner and hes not there till late. Im just not really satisfied with there customer service.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Are you talking about switching just the receiver? What you would have to do is take off the gas block with tube then take off the barrel nut and barrel, then reinstall said items on the new receiver. If you think you can do this yourself, all you should need is a punch, an AR multi tool, and an upper receiver vise block (and a vise). Neither of the two ar specific tools are too expensive. I'm sure I will be corrected if I am wrong. It might be worth it to do it yourself over having a gunsmith do it.
    Platekiller

ktm rider

Feb 21, 2011
    Undisclosed and Secure
    I bought my gun at keers and honestly there service sucks. Lets just say next time i buy a gun im going somewhere else. They never come and ask you if you need help. Except the owner and hes not there till late. Im just not really satisfied with there customer service.

Agreed ! I spent $600 there for my M&P 9MMc and ammo. They took forever with the backround check, although that most likely was not their fault. Then he said he would give me a deal on a box of good ammo. He gave me a whole dollar off a $35.00 box of ammo. Oh, and I am STILL waiting on that holster I ordered. They said they will call me when it comes in. That was three months ago...... :tdown:

JnstemIII

Feb 23, 2011
    Oldtown, MD
    Agreed ! I spent $600 there for my M&P 9MMc and ammo. They took forever with the backround check, although that most likely was not their fault. Then he said he would give me a deal on a box of good ammo. He gave me a whole dollar off a $35.00 box of ammo. Oh, and I am STILL waiting on that holster I ordered. They said they will call me when it comes in. That was three months ago...... :tdown:

I had them order me a carry handle scope mount after going in there 3 times in 4 weeks they didnt have it i have never been back. We need a good shop in our area.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    If you are talking about switching complete uppers (with barrel, gas tube, foreend, gas block attached) or complete upper recievers (nothing in front of the reciever), look on youtube. There are tons of videos.

There is only two pins to trade out complete uppers.

lotofpez

Feb 10, 2011
    Cumberland
    Moores in cresaptown is pretty good to go too. He is just up the rode from the fire station and open Tues - sat, noon to five

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    If you can't find what you need on You Tube try Dugans in Hancock maybe able tothey can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom