• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davemon

May 16, 2013
    Pasadena
    I have a couple hundred Barnes TAC-XP bullets I'd like loaded into rounds but have no equipment. .357MAG 125 grain. Can anyone suggest the best way to get this done? Thanks for the help.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    I have a couple hundred Barnes TAC-XP bullets I'd like loaded into rounds but have no equipment. .357MAG 125 grain. Can anyone suggest the best way to get this done? Thanks for the help.

Well where do you live lets start with that. Would you be willing to spend a saturday or sunday after noon learing how to do it your self with some guidance?

It may cost you a steak or a bottle of rye;)

davemon

May 16, 2013
    Pasadena
    Thanks for the replies. No I'm not really interested in learning to load. Sorry for the lack of enthusiasm, I know that would add a lot of fun to shooting but I'm not looking to learn how at the moment. I'd rather either just buy the service but wasn't sure where to start....or sell them if I can't get that done.

Oh, and Pasadena, AA county.

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    Easiest (and most legal) is to find somebody with a reloading setup and let them help you do it on their gear. "A couple hundred rounds" worth won't take long and you just might make a new friend.

And no, you can't come use my stuff because I'm quite busy for the next few months. Sorry.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Well where do you live lets start with that. Would you be willing to spend a saturday or sunday after noon learing how to do it your self with some guidance?

Shame you aren't a little further west I would appreciate some help working on an M1 load

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Thanks for the replies. No I'm not really interested in learning to load. Sorry for the lack of enthusiasm, I know that would add a lot of fun to shooting but I'm not looking to learn how at the moment. I'd rather either just buy the service but wasn't sure where to start....or sell them if I can't get that done.

Oh, and Pasadena, AA county.

do you have any brass to load them in? Any Idea what kind of load you want?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If you're seriously not interested in handloading , sell them , and buy DPX from CorBon. As it is (at least before the panic) due to economies of scale . The component bullets cost nearly as much as CorBon's loaded rounds.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011

Now there's an offer I'd take you up on. I have everything but powder and projectiles but can remedy that. Will even wear a new hat just for you. You'd have to tell me what powder to buy for whatever cal.

davemon

May 16, 2013
    Pasadena
    Alright thanks for the responses all, much appreciated. I'll see what else I can find. If not I'll sell them.

Browning guy, thank you for your offer. I do have a friend who will probably load them for me but when I asked him this same question he said he was missing some supplies or die or something, I'll ask him again. I thought it would be easier, a little naive eh? :)

As a sidebar I just registered on this forum and find it pretty good so far, lots of activity on even this little thread and nobody bit my head off and called me anything derogatory for asking a question they thought was stupid.

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    ...for asking a question they thought was stupid.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid :innocent0 - I keed, I keeeed.

Almost all of us remember when we just starting out with this stuff. Those few dicks you run across have probably forgotten what is was like or are covering up inadequacies with douche-baggery...much like most of the dips**ts in the General Assembly.

The biggest problem with reloading is if you screw up, the gun goes 'boom' inches from your head and/or in your hand. Or your buddy's head. Or your kid's head. Hence the liability part the state frowns on. The easiest way to screw things up is to do what 80% of the boneheads on youtube are doing: running a TV directly in front of their bench, drinking, or otherwise not being focused 100% on what the hell is going on.

I'll make the comparison between an open heart surgeon and a good reloader, it only takes a little bit of 'whups' to make a giant 'whupsie', except it is not the doctor's heart that's going to feel the 'boom'. /soapbox

Don't be scared of it but when you get into it, make sure you keep your head in the game. When you don't know something, look in your books, ask here or elsewhere - you already know the most important thing about reloading.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    DaveMon. I have the powder, brass / nickle cases, and primers o'plenty here in Indian Head. You got the bullets. We can make reloads all day. You just have to pay me for my "dinner".

I reload a lot of stuff for my friends. They understand my rules. They keep bringing their brass back. I keep reloading it. I reload all of my own target and hunting pistol and rifle rounds. I don't buy ammo anymore. I reload .38 and .357 Mags for my wifes revolver all the time. Complete setup here.

As a matter of fact I have to reload some 357 anyway soon. I noticed I only have like 15 boxes of 50 rounds left so I'm running low myself.

If you're looking for someone to load your bullets contact me. I'm not into the mechanics who only work on their buddies cars. I'll work on anyones car 10-4? PM me sometime if you still need some help. I also cast my own 38 and 357 bullets for paper punching. I got everything you need down here right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom