• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aviator

Jun 27, 2016
    Hello all. I am new to the forum and hoping to tap into the incredible knowledge and experience we have on the board to help me navigate the process of applying for a wear and carry permit. I have always been a shooting enthusiast, however, have never proceeded with the application knowing I would never really meet the G&S clause just for self defense. That is until now....and thus where I need opinions to determine if it would be a complete waste of my time and money or I might have a chance.

The other day while at work I received a disturbing phonecall from a federal law enforcement branch who was contacting me with a "Duty to Warn". They informed me that my name AND home address was intercepted and appeared on some type of "hit list" and advised me that I could be in danger of "serious bodily injury". During the initial phone conversation I was more worried about vetting this person and the call, and it turned out to be legit. I followed up the second day to confirm that indeed my address was the information leaked, however they weren't sure/weren't willing to tell me where this information came from or exactly who the threat would be. They informed me there is a case file open, and they would notify me if they got additional information or threats. I asked them if they would be willing to provide documentation of the threat and such in the form of writing to accompany my application for G&S reasoning, and was instructed to "go ahead and apply then email me once submitted and I will provide you with the information". I was hoping to have a more proactive letter or something written to be able to accompany the application initially.

I followed this call up with a call to a friend who is also a fellow federal LEO. He informed me that it was likely information that was leaked in an ISIS twitter posting where the post your demographic information out to their followers and attempt to order hits from lone wolf type attackers. The federal LEO with a 1811 badge and gun says " I wouldn't worry too much about it " :lol2::lol2: Needless to say I disagree and my fiance is fairly spun up and worried.....

IDK why my information would be of importance to anyone, or who would potentially be after me. I do have unrestricted access to two MAJOR DC/MD hospitals, as well as access to helicopters, and appear on the Secret Service waver for flight in the DC federally restricted zone if that has any weight.

What do you guys think about my chances for apply for the wear and carry permit under self defense, with reference to this recent threat? It's really a terrible feeling to have something like this be brought to your attention, and be living and paying taxes in a state that believes someone business merchandise is worth defending more then my life.
    Thanks in advance for any replies since I am so new. I will really appreciate any feedback.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    If you conduct the majority of your business in MD you can legally transport an unregulated long gun in your vehicle (has to be unloaded). Be careful if you have to venture into DC as it is illegal there. I would contact Cypherpunk I know he is an MD W&C instructor and a DC W&C instructor.
    I would definitely apply.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The OP is legit, already talked to hm on the phone about it and advised him to apply.

aviator

Jun 27, 2016
    Not the same guy RoadDawg. Honest guy just looking for opinions. I have enough people to be suspect of.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Not the same guy RoadDawg. Honest guy just looking for opinions. I have enough people to be suspect of.

Well I hope you understand the "appearance" and don't hold grudges... :beer:

And I seriously hope you can get the full account from those who seem to know more about your life than you do right now. Knowing an enemy is a large part of presenting a good defense. Not knowing who or why... leaves one running blind. Not a place I would find in any way preferable. Best wishes for a quick resolution. :thumbsup:

aviator

Jun 27, 2016
    Well I hope you understand the "appearance" and don't hold grudges... :beer:

And I seriously hope you can get the full account from those who seem to know more about your life than you do right now. Knowing an enemy is a large part of presenting a good defense. Not knowing who or why... leaves one running blind. Not a place I would find in any way preferable. Best wishes for a quick resolution. :thumbsup:

No grudges at all :beer: . I completely agree. Going to call the agent back tomorrow and get some additional answers.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

If you can get the Feds to document the threat (or get a POC for the MSP LD check) you'll have your CCW in hand quickly. dblas probably told you - check the MSI website for instructions for applying.

Best wishes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom